lilmac

Tuesday numbers (12/24) - DOS - 5.25, FRZ - 4.78, AH - 2.9, AM2 - 2.8, SMB - 1.92

Sellout Report: 

Regal Destiny USA Stadium 19 IMAX & RPX

Anchorman 2: 6:30

American Hustle: 3:25, 6:45

Medea Christmas: 2:10, 7:45

Mandela: 3:05

Hunger Games: 3:30, 6:55

Regal Shoppingtown Mall Stadium 14

Grudge Match: 1:45

Wolf of Wall Street: 2:00

Anchorman 2: 6:20

Saving Mr. Banks: 12:50, 4:00

Hobbit: 2:50, 6:40

Edited by Scott Pilgrim vs The Forum
  • Like 1

Me and the family have been marathoning South Park on Hulu today. It is amazing to see how far Trey Parker and Matt Stone have come from the first couple of seasons to now. Plenty of classic episodes in recent seasons, especially the "Butters is a pimp" episode. The "World War Zimmerman" episode may be one of my all time favorites.

Edited by grim22

Russell re-wrote JLaw's character after her award run last year. The original role was very tiny and JLaw wasn't even going to do it initially. I think that screwed up the script somewhat as the original script revolved completely around Bale/Adams' characters.

Didn't the X-men DOFP writers also increase JLaw's screentime after she won her award? I wouldn't be surprised of Rogue was deleted from the movie because of that. :wacko:

Edited by Mojoguy

You're welcome. It seemed to me that a good chunk of the film

is supposed to make it uncertain how far Adams is taking her role and put us in Bale's shoes. I can see how the moment where we're supposed to, along with Bale, definitively figure out Adams is just playing her role isn't telegraphed the best.

Yeah I think thats exactly how it is. I think the main reason I was confused was because

Bale spent the whole first 1/3 talking about how he didn't want to be with Lawrence but wanted oh so badly to be with Adams, but in the last 1/3 when it looks like Adams is falling for Cooper, Bale spends it clinging to Lawrence, instead making sure Adams doesnt get too cozy. They couldve kept hooking up behind Cooper's back right? But they didn't. It felt basically like "well Amy doesnt love me anyone, so I'ma run back to Jennifer". His attitude towards Lawrence changed and thats what threw me off. That helped Amy's situation feel more natural, because if Bale knew she was possibly faking, you'd think he'd keep spending time away from Lawrence and keep hooking up with her

. I think that was the issue that i couldnt deduce. I know he still had his son as well.

Edited by Jandrew

Me and the family have been marathoning South Park on Hulu today. It is amazing to see how far Trey Parker and Matt Stone have come from the first couple of seasons to now. Plenty of classic episodes in recent seasons, especially the "Butters is a pimp" episode. The "World War Zimmerman" episode may be one of my all time favorites.

I love your signature. I drank a lot of bournvita back in the day.  :D

Seasons 5 and 6 are without a doubt the apex of the show, IMO.

It Hits the Fan

Cripple Fight

Super Best Friends

Scott Tenorman Must Die

Terrence and Phillip: Behind the Blow

Cartmanland

Towelie

Osama Bin Laden Has Farty Pants

How to Eat With Your Butt

Here Comes the Neighborhood

Kenny Dies

Butters' Very Own Episode

Jared Has Aides

Asspen

The New Terrence and Phillip Movie Trailer

Professor Chaos

Simpsons Already Did It

Red Hot Catholic Love

Free Hat

Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society

Child Abduction is Not Funny

The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to The Two Towers

The Death Camp of Tolerance

Red Sleigh Down

Damn, it's probably the best two-season stretch of any show in the past 10-15 years.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

Grudge Match has a 71% user rating on RT-probably playing really well with older audiences.

Edit: Ronin has a 70% user rating on RT.

Mitty has a 78%

Edited by Impact
  • Like 2

Modern day South Park just kinda takes one joke and runs with it so how good an episode is depends on how much the joke works.Like, in the most recent 10 episode season, 5 of those episodes had me laughing my ass off and 5 of them were just kinda really lame.

• Like 1

Only took about 100 years to get a movie :P

56 years apparently

Paddington Bear, the cuddly fellow with the floppy hat, will finally be hitting the big screen 56 years after debuting in Michael Bond's beloved series of children's books. The first poster for the movie, simply titled "Paddington," is debuting exclusive here on Yahoo Movies.

Produced by David Heyman, who also brought "Harry Potter" to the screen, the film will be live action with a computer-generated bear voiced by Oscar-winning British actor Colin Firth. Firth told the Daily Mail that in addition to recording the bear's dialogue, "I’m going to do some sessions wearing one of those helmets with cameras to capture my face muscles, and all that data will somehow be incorporated into Paddington."

"Downtown Abbey" star Hugh Bonneville and Golden Globe nominee Sally Hawkins will play the Henry and Mary Brown, the human couple who discover the bear in London's Paddington Station and bring him home to live with their family. Nicole Kidman will be playing the villain in the movie, and she told the Daily Mail she had to jump at the chance to be in the movie with the precocious little bear: "I was read the stories when I was little and I grew up with Paddington. I know all about his adventures and what mischief he got up to."