LexJoker

Monday #s (12/30) 'HAPPY NEW YEAR'

So you're saying a PG film with minimal violence/frightening imagery isn't more kid friendly than a very violent action packed PG-13 one?  Lol, ok.

I think you're forgetting that older kids love fantasy action, and parents aren't taking their younger children to Life of Pi.

Give it a rest, Life of Pi was not a family film and the Hobbit attracts a family audience with its adult audience, I don't see how that's hard to understand.

I wish so bad the Guardians could have come out this year instead of last. Then I wouldn't have to have this argument because Frozen wouldn't be having Titanic holds right now.

I bet you DreamWorks wishes Guardians came out this year more than you ;)

BTW, Night at the Museum 3 is going to benefit greatly next Xmas from once again a poor kid's lineup. But because most people here aren't going to love that like they love Frozen I can guarantee you this board will be quick to say it's only from lack of competition. ;)

Hey if it's an improvement in quality from the second NATM2 and more in line with the first, I'll be happy

Night at the Museum isn't hitting 200m, nevertheless 300m+, also Night at the Museum will play strong on the holidays then mild in January.

2 dropped from 1, I see no reason why 3 wont drop from 2, especially since they were all released at the same time.

Actually the second one released in May for some bizarre reason

• Like 1

And if it does? Will you at least admit that I was partly right about the lack of competition for the Holidays thing? And if it drops sub 50% I'll admit you were right that the WOM is just that spectacular.

Sure, because it is dropping sub 50%.

So you're saying a PG film with minimal violence/frightening imagery isn't more kid friendly than a very violent action packed PG-13 one?  Lol, ok.

Since you obviously haven't seen it, you should watch Life Of Pi, it's a good movie.

• Like 2

Since you obviously haven't seen it, you should watch Life Of Pi, it's a good movie.

I love Pi, saw it 3 times in the theater, 3 more on video. There's little violence in it, and a few times where the tiger lunges at you is about the only frightening imagery to speak of.

Edited by MovieMan89

For the record you've been one of the few here to at least partly see where I'm coming from, so I'm not really addressing you when I say some are failing to admit the impact of the lack of competition. As far as the "merely well" comment, I meant that as a way of saying it wasn't having Avatar/Titanic holds prior to this past week or so. Yes it was holding good, no doubt about it, but we weren't in "wow" territory. It wasn't doing anything phenom worthy until this 3rd highest 5th weekend thing, and I'm saying that happened because of lack of competition over the Xmas-New Year holiday. Otherwise its holds probably would be more in line with what Tangled did like they were at the beginning of its run. That's really all I'm saying.

Fair enough. And of course, it isn't comparable to Avatar or Titanic drops.

Happy Birthday!

Edited by 33Legend
  • Like 1

I love Pi, saw it 3 times in the theater, 3 more on video. There's little violence in it, and a few times where the tiger lunges at you is about the only frightening imagery to speak of.

It's not a kids movie at all though, it's theme heavy, slow moving, kids won't even get it, and there is a lot of high tension between Pi and the Tiger.  I was honestly surprised that it wasn't PG-13 given that there is more suspense in Pi than a lot of PG-13 movies.

• Like 1

And if it does? Will you at least admit that I was partly right about the lack of competition for the Holidays thing? And if it drops sub 50% I'll admit you were right that the WOM is just that spectacular.

And what will you do when it drops less than 40%? :P

The real movie to compare to Frozen will be How to Train Your Dragon next summer. It literally stands alone for animation until Guardians of the Galaxy in August. Because of that I think it can make a run for 400. Yes the WOM will have to be great too, but the lack of competition is what can give it a shot at 400.

• Like 1