North By Northwest

24 members have voted

1. 1. North By Northwest

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Hm, where do I begin. I think the beginning of the film is very strong, and there are great performances throughout. The scenes on the train/train station are also great. I do think it is too long though. The forest scenes and house scenes at the end were redeeming after a dull second act.B/B+

This is a pretty awesome movie. I would agree that the middle of the movie keeps it from the elite, but it is quite suspenseful.  The acting is top-notch and the Mount Rushmore sequence is still pretty cool. I would have it as Hitchcock's 3rd best after Psyco and Rear Window

A-

good movie, but it drags during the third act and the beginning requires an excessive suspension of disbelief (for the kind of movie this is)

the score  :wub:

the cropduster sequence is pure perfection

the elevator scene was hysterical, I had to pause the film to pull myself together 

70/100 (almost a 65/100)

Edited by Goffe Ascending

Enjoyable film with some very different parts. I didn't like the back-projection shots, looked more fake than usual.

I don't understand why they had to use back-projection when Thornhill was waiting for Kaplan

I mean, they were actually filming there when Thornhill was talking to that farmer guy