grim22

Weekend Estimates: LS - 38.5M | FZ - 15.1M | WoWS - 9M | Hercules - 8.6M | AH - 8.6M | Her - 5.4M

Not surprised at all about Her struggling.

Gave the screener to some friends tonight and they turned it off after an hour and didn't want to finish it.

Don't know why I like it so much more than the three friends I've shown it to.

Hope Osage is a flop.  What a joke of a movie.

• Like 1

Trivia question for all of you.

WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP, what was Titanic's highest grossing day, how much did it make, and what day into it's run was it?  The answer is remarkable and perhaps something we will never see again.  

I think it was day 57 but don't remember the gross. 

• Like 1

WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP, what was Titanic's highest grossing day, how much did it make, and what day into it's run was it?  The answer is remarkable and perhaps something we will never see again.  

Valentines day day 58 over 13 million

( I knew it was Valentines day without looking it up) 

• Like 1

There comes a point in every BO run where things level out and the daily drops are pretty dull. No matter how big the numbers are. Not sure if Frozen is quite there yet but it's getting close

• Like 1

I don't remember exactly what day it was into its run but IIRC it was Valentine's Day 1998. It made something like $13 million.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 1

When you think about it though, it kind of I guess makes sense (though not the 57th day part). Valentines day is a lovey dovey day (something I never got into) where couples are together. Makes sense that they'd go see Titanic, which is really 2 hours of lovey dovey crap, followed by the main event, which lasts 45minutes (I swear, when I watch Titanic I really just go to where the iceburg hit).

What everyone should keep in mind before just tossing out the phrase "box office phenom."

Well it's not 1998 anymore. 58 days into a run and you're already getting previews for the streaming service and home media releases :rofl:

• Like 4

Pretty close Druv.

Day 58, Valentine's Day.  13 mill.

Incredible.

Incredible indeed. I loved your Titanic thread. Man, it would have really been awesome to actually follow Titanic. I just love runs like those. Big OW are fine but legs...I just love legs.  :D

• Like 1

Incredible indeed. I loved your Titanic thread. Man, it would have really been awesome to actually follow Titanic. I just love runs like those. Big OW are fine but legs...I just love legs.  :D

Not quite as fun as the original Mojo thread, but for those who want a bit of nostalgia, this was a fun thread:

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/10066-pretend-its-1997-all-over-again-the-pure-awe-of-titanics-run/

• Like 2