Impact

Monday, 1/13/2014 numbers-TLS@3.31M

So when a storm shuts down schools and offices to keep people safe at home, they go out to the movies, ha!

:lol:  That's what happens.  Look at the softer drops last week Monday because of the deep freeze.  Don't know the timeline of the 2011 storm but schools may have closed multiple days even after the storm passed.  

Flop memes for the next 2 weeks, might come in handy :ph34r: :

Flopvil's Due

Jack Ryan: Flop Recruit

The Flop Job

Flop Along

I, Flopestein

Jack Ryan will have to really come in low to flop. Budget was only 60m.

• Like 1

Jack Ryan will have to really come in low to flop. Budget was only 60m.

Yeah I don't think it will flop. Should be around 25m 4-day opening.

Saw a 5 min preview of it attached to WoWS. Looked good.

Even though it has just 3 reviews so far on RT, they are all positive http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jack_ryan_shadow_recruit/

Guess most folks had Jack Ryan vs Ride Along for the biggest Jan grosser till TLS did it's thing.

ha! i knew FLOPZEN legs  would kick in eventually  :P

you had a good run now go melt like a nice iceberg and see if CF can catch a ride with you  ;)

4 Frozen (2013) $761,440 -83% 3,239 -79 $235 $318,080,546 8 Disney

5 The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug $618,160 -73% 3,075 -655 $201 $242,844,948 5 Warner Bros. / New Line

i know i know "dont feed the trolls"... but i just couldnt resist ;)

Edited by chuck0
  • Like 2

Saw Her andv Osage County today.Her is a fine film but it has one of the five best performances of the year in Phoenix. He was sensational. As for Osage...the less said the better. Horrible on every level. The only character I kinda liked was Chris Coopers. Streep is awful and the script is absolutely horrible.

• Like 4

Saw Lone Survivor today and was amazed that there was substantial applause after the film ended.  I can see how strong the WOM is on this.

And peeked into WOWS and the majority of the crowd was made up of high school and college students.  That age group seems to be appreciating the film the most.

• Like 1

Saw Her andv Osage County today.Her is a fine film but it has one of the five best performances of the year in Phoenix. He was sensational.As for Osage...the less said the better. Horrible on every level. The only character I kinda liked was Chris Coopers. Streep is awful and the script is absolutely horrible.

:bravo:

• Like 1

4 Frozen (2013) $761,440 -83% 3,239 -79 $235 $318,080,546 8 Disney

5 The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug $618,160 -73% 3,075 -655 $201 $242,844,948 5 Warner Bros. / New Line

i know i know "dont feed the trolls"... but i just couldnt resist ;)

Frozen will end up out-grossing DoS by >100m. That's huge.

This will be the first time that a middle-earth movie will end up outside top 5 domestic.

Will also be the first time that a non-Pixar, non-DW movie will be the biggest computer-animated movie of the year.

EDIT: Thanks to DamienRoc for pointing out that Ice age was the top grossing animation of 2002, and that Pixar and DW did not have animated movies that year.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

Saw Her andv Osage County today.Her is a fine film but it has one of the five best performances of the year in Phoenix. He was sensational.As for Osage...the less said the better. Horrible on every level. The only character I kinda liked was Chris Coopers. Streep is awful and the script is absolutely horrible.

That is the feeling I got seeing the previews for Osage.

I also agree about Her I really liked that movie and the acting was great

• Like 1