Impact

Monday, 1/13/2014 numbers-TLS@3.31M

Frozen will end up out-grossing DoS by >100m. That's huge.

This will be the first time that a middle-earth movie will end up outside top 5 domestic.

Will also be the first time that a non-Pixar, non-DW movie will be the biggest computer-animated movie of the year.

Well, first since 2002, at least, when Ice Age was the biggest animated film. I don't believe Pixar or Dreamworks had a film that year, though. However, it was also the last year that a non-Dreamworks, non-Disney (of any sort) led. It beat Lilo & Stitch by 30 million.

Disney's last definite win was 2000, when Dinosaur came out on top. That was a rather underwhelming year for animation, especially since 1999 had both Toy Story 2 and Tarzan.

• Like 2

I know you don't love me anymore, baumer. It's.... it's okay....  :sadno:

Yes I have to confess tele...I love u but also 691 other people as wel. It doesn't change I feel about you. It an OS thing.

Tele is all like:

Posted Image

Edited by k1stpierre
  • Like 1

So I went through and checked every film with 300 million or more domestic for consecutive days above 1 million.

101 Titanic80 Avatar61 Star Wars: TPM59 Finding Nemo54 Shrek 2 Jurassic Park52 The Avengers48 The Passion47 Frozen PotC: CotBP45 Toy Story 3 Catching Fire Spider-Man42 Independence Day40 The Dark Knight Spider-Man 2 Despicable Me 238 TDKR PotC: DMC Shrek 3 Iron Man36 Transformers: RotF35 Star Wars: RotS34 Transformers LotR: Fellowship of the Ring Star Wars: AotC33 The Hunger Games Harry Potter: DH2 Transformers: DotM Indiana Jones: KotCS Harry Potter: HBP Twilight: Eclipse32 Alice in Wonderland31 Iron Man 3 Iron Man 2 PotC: AWE Skyfall The Hobbit AUJ28 LotR: Return of the King LotR: The Two Towers26 Spider-Man 324 Harry Potter: SS

• Like 9

There's quite a few under 300M that would place pretty high as well.  The Blind Side did 45, The Hangover did 52, Proposal did 38 (would have hit 45 but fell under for a Monday then jumped up till Sunday), Inception 38, Despicable Me 41, Up 45, to name a few.

• Like 3

There's quite a few under 300M that would place pretty high as well.  The Blind Side did 45, The Hangover did 52, Proposal did 38 (would have hit 45 but fell under for a Monday then jumped up till Sunday), Inception 38, Despicable Me 41, Up 45, to name a few.

Yeah, I mostly stopped at 300 because otherwise I'd be checking all night.

It's really interesting to see what placed high and what placed low. I'm a bit surprised that TTT and RotK both only lasted 4 weeks.

Well, first since 2002, at least, when Ice Age was the biggest animated film. I don't believe Pixar or Dreamworks had a film that year, though. However, it was also the last year that a non-Dreamworks, non-Disney (of any sort) led. It beat Lilo & Stitch by 30 million.

Disney's last definite win was 2000, when Dinosaur came out on top. That was a rather underwhelming year for animation, especially since 1999 had both Toy Story 2 and Tarzan.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out, updated my post.

Shrek is another film with a notably long streak above 1 million. It went 54 days, just like Shrek 2. It is a bit weird how multiple films in the same series can sometimes get the same streak despite widely differing grosses.

So I went through and checked every film with 300 million or more domestic for consecutive days above 1 million. 101 Titanic80 Avatar61 Star Wars: TPM59 Finding Nemo54 Shrek 2 Jurassic Park52 The Avengers48 The Passion47 Frozen PotC: CotBP45 Toy Story 3 Catching Fire Spider-Man42 Independence Day40 The Dark Knight Spider-Man 2 Despicable Me 238 TDKR PotC: DMC Shrek 3 Iron Man36 Transformers: RotF35 Star Wars: RotS34 Transformers LotR: Fellowship of the Ring Star Wars: AotC33 The Hunger Games Harry Potter: DH2 Transformers: DotM Indiana Jones: KotCS Harry Potter: HBP Twilight: Eclipse32 Alice in Wonderland31 Iron Man 3 Iron Man 2 PotC: AWE Skyfall The Hobbit AUJ28 LotR: Return of the King LotR: The Two Towers26 Spider-Man 324 Harry Potter: SS

Thanks for this!

sorry you didnt like AUGUST baumer, can't love them all

at least you liked HER so all is not lost lol ;)

as long as your opinion is informed by your personal viewing of the film , its cool!

i've given A to HER, A+ to AUGUST and  A+ to WOLF !

and a B-  to AH ( <_< ) heck even GRAVITY , THE BUTLER and RUSH  are better than american hustle 

when i'm done watching all these oscar hopefuls i sincerely doubt it will be on my list or it might scrap by last place 

which is so funny coz i love amy adams in HER and was indifferent to her in AH but my pb with AH is more with the film than with the actors 

today i'll try watch DALLAS and BLUE JASMINE  B)

I think i got called a troll on previous page with that post  :ph34r: by someone 

i'm not a troll  :mellow: i'm a sweet movie girl i swear ! i was being facetious ;)

frozenites are touchy my my...

lol dont pay attn to frozenatics bb they're funny :popcorn: anyone who's not kissing cartoon's ass is a troll obv :bop:

I hope you'll like both Blue Jasmine & Dallas

I loved BJ more but both are pretty good

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 1