Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

69 members have voted

1. 1. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Even for someone enjoying the film that scene still baffles me for it's existence. How many thousands of dollars went into rendering that black hole of pointlessness exactly? Edited by C00k13

The desert battle was emotional.Sam's Dad telling him to survive was emotionalSam dying and Fox crying and the overhead shot of the slow mo helicopter was emotional.I love Bay's work and he hits all the right notes imo.

Sam dying was the most BS plot point of them all. Why did he go to robot heaven, exactly? There would've been a lot less WTF-ishness (and a more exciting action sequence, for that matter) if they just didn't have the matrix waste away at all and Sam had to be running from pursuing decepticons all the way to getting to Optimus.

Edited by tribefan695

Sam dying was the most BS plot point of them all. Why did he go to robot heaven, exactly? There would've been a lot less WTF-ishness (and a more exciting action sequence, for that matter) if they just didn't have the matrix waste away at all and Sam had to be running from pursuing decepticons all the way to getting to Optimus.

I never took him as dying, but he was just knocked out and had a vision when he was unconscience.Well, I give it a B. It definitely had moments that sucked, but the forest fight alone I think is the best action sequence ever caught on film. In IMAX, it's 10 times the pleasure.
  • Like 1

I never took him as dying, but he was just knocked out and had a vision when he was unconscience.

Well, I give it a B. It definitely had moments that sucked, but the forest fight alone I think is the best action sequence ever caught on film. In IMAX, it's 10 times the pleasure.

I am truly at a loss for words.

I know baumer doesn't need help in his stance, but I do understand why he feels the way he does about this movie. Part of me wishes I could feel the same way, but I can't. :P

I don't mind parts of the film, but overall, I still find it too much of a mess. I don't mind big robots fighting and explosions. I like them as much as the next guy, but the other stuff just took away too much for me.

I just wish any of the 3 live action films could have been as good as the animated movie in 1986 which puts all these to shame.

C+

Better than the aquaduct chase in Terminator 2? Or the entire Dubai sequence in Mission Impossible 4?

The Dubai sequence was incredibly overrated. Hell, MI:4 was pretty damn overrated to me.

But on point, TF2 is one of the more embarrassing attempts at filmmaking that I've come across in my lifetime. It is an absolutely miserable film that caters to boys just entering puberty.

D-

Edited by mattmav45

I love the action in Bourne Ultimatum, and it is one of my top 50 movies of all time. But that doesn;t mean you can't appreciate both films for the same reason. Do I think TBU is a better film that TRF2? Yep!! But TRF2 did exactly what I expected it to do. It entertained me, made me laugh and had me invested in the characters and the story. Mission accomplished!

Don't be, it's my opinion, get the fuck over it.

Oh, please, stop getting butt-hurt over a simple comment. I'm more than allowed to express my thoughts on your opinion. Get over what now? I find the fact you think the forest scene is the best action scene filmed utterly hilarious and borderline confusing. You clearly haven't watched many action movies.