Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

69 members have voted

1. 1. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Umm I don't really know what to say about this movie that hasn't already been said. No matter how good the first one was (really good), this is just a bad movie. Extremely long with no real plot. I can't even recall the said action scene because there are so many jumpy 'action scenes' I can't count them. Worst of the series.D (Only because I did enjoy about 30 minutes of it)

I don't know if it completely deserves the hate it gets I won't ever admit that it's a good film. I can't exactly remember anything about the characters. Bay can make an action set piece like no other, but eventually the film just wears you down. C

-****1/2 (negative 4 1/2) out of ***** Absolute trash, monumentally incompetent in every single measurable aspect, a perfect representation of the utter hackdom that is Michael Bay

Bay is a lot of things but a hack isn't one of them.
  • Like 1

I honestly need to watch this again because I haven't seen it since the theater 4 years ago.   Its often called one of the worst blockbusters of all time and used as a benchmark to measure badness, but I don't remember quite a bit of it. I'm wondering if I should be a brave soul and do it sober or go out and buy two 6 packs of shock top.

Well, let's try something new and focus on the positive in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen:

- The visual effects are really, really good. Devastator probably looked incredible on a full IMAX screen.

- The sound work is also unimpeachable. The people responsible for the aural aspects of the film earned every penny of their paycheck.

- Julie White and Kevin Dunn elevate every scene they're in, and are in so little of the movie that they don't wear out their welcome.

- He might be standing directly beneath the enemy's scrotum, but at least Agent Simmons isn't a pederast. Eight-year-olds, Dude.

- Tommy Wiseau isn't in it.

- If we look at it as a stealth satire of Michael Bay's penchants for excess, jingoism, crass humor, dubious morality, and tonal whiplash, it's kind of brilliant (like Pain & Gain).

- It's still better than Dark of the Moon.

C-

I honestly need to watch this again because I haven't seen it since the theater 4 years ago.   Its often called one of the worst blockbusters of all time and used as a benchmark to measure badness, but I don't remember quite a bit of it. I'm wondering if I should be a brave soul and do it sober or go out and buy two 6 packs of shock top.

Lol i rewacthed it last year and I still forgot it..

The only thing I remember is Megan;s bouncing breasts and the laser rail gun. 

I watched it again and it still gets me every time.  I love the Transformers films.  And I stand by my comments.  This is a very emotional film at times.  Bay is just my kind of director.  He knows how to direct scenes that get to me.  I won't apologize for my absolute love for Transformers.  I maintain this is a 9/10.

Still makes a hell of a lot more sense than TDKR.  A kindergarten story about bunnies and rainbows probably has better writing than TDKR.