ecstasy

WKD 3 Day Est. RA 41.2m, LS 23.2m, NJ 20.5, JR 17.2, FRZ 11.9

Its hard for some here to understand, but sometimes the biggest films of the year are sometimes the best films of the year.

Sometimes the best films of the year are not the award films, 2008 and 2012 are clear examples. 

I don't necessarily agree about 2012 which was a golden year through out (Django, Zero Dark Thirty and Life of Pi by themselves made the "award films" seem epic). But yeah, 2008 is a classic case of biggest films = best films of the year. 

And what is better is that Universal has no bombs this year! There are no expensive movies from them coming out. It is a win/win situation.

Yep! They're starting out this year even better than last, and with no potential mega bombs on the 2014 horizon.

I don't necessarily agree about 2012 which was a golden year through out (Django, Zero Dark Thirty and Life of Pi by themselves made the "award films" seem epic). But yeah, 2008 is a classic case of biggest films = best films of the year.

2011 is the opposite then.

I'm watching the Queen right now and they're showing footage from Diana's funeral and they just showed Spielberg, Hanks and Cruise. If a movie shows real life footage like that does that have to be cleared with SAG?

I need to watch that again sometime soon. Masterpiece of a movie.