ecstasy

WKD 3 Day Est. RA 41.2m, LS 23.2m, NJ 20.5, JR 17.2, FRZ 11.9

Bilge Ebiri? I'm pretty sure he's serious.

References to Rififi and Ayn Rand in a review for The Nut Job? C'mon, either this guy is on a whole another level of pretentiousness and I hate him or he's just being funny.

Edited by Jack Nevada

So American Hustle has finally come to South Dakota ... do I really need to see it, or should I wait for DVD?  What does BOF think?

#s ... great for Ride Along, Jack Ryan seemed so lame and that # is boring ...

Edited by Adam

So American Hustle has finally come to South Dakota ... do I really need to see it, or should I wait for DVD?  What does BOF think?

Posted Image

(I'd say it's certainly worth seeing, BOF doesn't seem to be all that receptive to the film however)

• Like 1

#s ... great for Ride Along, Jack Ryan seemed so lame and that # is boring ...

Yes, you should see it for the performances.

• Like 2

Well you are on a whole another level of pretentiousness and I hate you.  :)

:P

This post was trying to offhand catch the wit of Marie Antoinette's "Let them eat cake", with all the delicious bourgeois scorn that implies, but really it contains more than a whiff of Schopenhauer's defeatist existentialism. Like the flat smack of Jason Statham's fist against unyielding flesh, it is ungracious yet brazen.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 8

Thanks for the feedback ... see, you got a quick easy like for responding. :P

I'll check out the discount matinee tomorrow afternoon if I'm not busy.  Then I can honestly talk about how overexposed and overrated Jennifer Lawrence is ... or maybe I won't have that feeling coming out of the theater. ;)

Edited by Adam

This post was trying to offhand catch the wit of Marie Antoinette's "Let them eat cake", with all the delicious bourgeois scorn that implies, but really it contains more than a whiff of Schopenhauer's defeatist existentialism. Like the flat smack of Jason Statham's fist against unyielding flesh, it is ungracious yet brazen.

Posted Image

• Like 3

I would not recommend going to see AH. Movie does not deserve any more than it's already made. In fact it deserves about 75% less. 

Well, if I see it, it will only receive $5.50 ... not the usual $10 they charge at night. ;)

It's probably going to look like shit compared to Wolf ... but oh well.

Edited by Adam