ecstasy

WKD 3 Day Est. RA 41.2m, LS 23.2m, NJ 20.5, JR 17.2, FRZ 11.9

It's 1:30 on the west coast, so Tele's probably eating dinner at Denny's right now. He'll be pretty mad when he sees this thread though

Probably having a nice meal at Golden Corral or Old Country Buffet more likely.

• Like 3

The production budget matters most though.

Let's see how the film does overseas before it calling it some kind of failure (could do well, could do awful).

Agreed, but if im a studio head, when I greenlight it im hoping and wanting Jack Ryan to do around 250m WW. 

Agreed, but if im a studio head, when I greenlight it im hoping and wanting Jack Ryan to do around 250m WW. 

The studio head of paramount should have had a better marketing team for the film and not basically dumped it.

Also 250m WW. If Jack Ryan made 180 million worldwide, I think it would be fine.

Early twitter reactions Devils Due - haha not good at all...its getting trashed and makes PA Marked Ones look oscar worthyRideAlong - very positive, everyone is calling it hilariousNut Job - N/A. Mainly people making sex jokes and wondering why the movie is even called thatJack Ryan - okay reactions, most feel its nothing special after post-24/Bourne, etc.Ill look some more later to get better reactions. All I know is this weekend is going to be friggin huge. Been feeling it for a while now.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 5

I'm not sure why the AARP thing is funny. It's not like people stop going to movies once they hit a certain age.

Also, given the movie-going trends of different age groups, if it does have such an endorsement and audience, that probably means its legs will be better than expected.

Mainly because Paramount obviously wants the movie to be the new cool spy movie and the endorsement is doing just the opposite.

Crap for Devil's Due. A shame.Production budget is $7m so should still be profitable down the road.

Any info on the advertising budge? I remember you saying that The Purge spent like 20M or something.

Edited by Jack Nevada

Seriously the ads for all these found footage horror films look the same to me.  I can't tell Devils Due or the Marked Ones apart.

Those trailers played back-to-back when I was at the cinema last month and it was very confusing.

Early twitter reactionsDevils Due - haha not good at all...its getting trashed and makes PA Marked Ones look oscar worthyRideAlong - very positive, everyone is calling it hilariousNut Job - N/A. Mainly people making sex jokes and wondering why the movie is even called thatJack Ryan - okay reactions, most feel its nothing special after post-24/Bourne, etc.Ill look some more later to get better reactions. All I know is this weekend is going to be friggin huge. Been feeling it for a while now.

I think Kevin Hart is funny, but he's starting to get in that rut where he just shouts.