lilmac

What things happen in movies that are unrealistic?

One side hangs up the phone, the other side is still yelling "hello? are you there?" even though he and the audience can clearly hear the disconnected ringtone. In real life I'm sure we all know that you gotta put it down too and pick up again and dial the number again if you want to reach the person again.

Edited by vc2002

Gotta give Cameron a little hat-tip for actually providing a sparking cable to ignite the wrecked truck in T2. ;)

lol, I cant even remember that, I guess that means I need to re-watch T2 sometimes soon.

I remember in Terminator Salvation when Worthington tried shooting the gas tank several times with a shotgun but no explosion. Terminator Salvation of all movies lol

One side hangs up the phone, the other side is still yelling "hello? are you there?" even though he and the audience can clearly hear the disconnected ringtone. In real life I'm sure we all know that you gotta put it down too and pick up again and dial the number again if you want to reach the person again.

Also people are so rude in movies, no-one ever says goodbye on the phone. They talk then when they hear what they need to hear they just hang up.

• Like 1

lol, I cant even remember that, I guess that means I need to re-watch T2 sometimes soon.

I remember in Terminator Salvation when Worthington tried shooting the gas tank several times with a shotgun but no explosion. Terminator Salvation of all movies lol

Obviously a Christopher Nolan script doctoring thing.

• Like 1

When not telling somebody something that they never ever asked you about means you have been lying to them the whole time and a relationship is over.

One of the things I liked about Tangled was that the story never descended down the 'you lied to me! How could you?' path.

The Last Action Hero poked fun at that. When Arnold was in our world, he tells the kid "hey, want another explosion" and fires at the back of the speeding vehicle, and when nothing happened, the kid had to tell him "it's not going to work, this is the real world now!"

I remember him punching through a car window and then complaining about how it really hurt.

I'll start:

After an argument the person says "Wait, let me explain" then the other storms out before he/she is able to explain the situation.

In real life I would immediately try to clarify the issue.  There wouldn't be a moment of silence after "let me explain".  I would follow her if she stormed off.   :P

Uhhh, I did this on Thursday... :awkward:

• Like 1

unrealistic:

10) good always wins over evil (usually cause the villain starts a chit chat with the cornered defenseless hero)

9) explosions never damage eardrums

8) Hollywodized Indian accent inspired from Simpsons/Apu

7) nuclear blast aftermath is no big deal

6) everyone gets laid a lot

5) poor folks living in big houses/apartments and dressing great (though TV abuses this more)

4) everyone gets laid a lot

3) Nic Cage gets Diane Kruger

2) Nut Job's rendering

1) People on the run/caught in an adventure (The Mummy, all westerns except Django, Peter Jackson films, etc.) are unaffected by not bathing/no change of clothes/not brushing/no change of underclothes/not eating enough food for days together.

Bonus:

Neighbour is a hot-chick is a neighbour

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

I don't care much in action, adventure or sci-fi films, we all know they are full of mistakes/shit.I bother when they do that with mundane stuff, things we all see on daily basis, as Lilmac stated on his first example.

People never overlaps when having a conversation (except in a Woody Allen film).

In real life, people always interrupt/overlap each other.Even in in crowded parties, when the boy gets there to tell the girl how much he loves her, everybody shut up, watch, and listen.The main character suddenly and for no reason starts talking to a person they never met before, a complete stranger, on the elevator or the street, just telling them the plot or how they feel, and of course the stranger just listen, knods, etc but never replies. Or even worse, cheer them back saying things like "yeah! go get her/him!"A wedding can get interrupted just seconds before the "I do" part. The person interrupting the wedding can even get married minutes before, and all the crowd would cheer the newlyweds. I mean, half the people in the church should give a shit, or boo, right? Not in movies.

I could go on forever....! 

• Like 1

Car chases in a major city.   :)  You can't just drive freely at 60mph without having to stop or slow down.  All major cities have traffic problems.    Also, the police would be heavily involved and would erect roadblocks that WILL stop you in your tracks.  Also, people jumping out of the way in the nick of time.  Negative ghostrider.  There will be fatalities.

Car chases in a major city.   :)  You can't just drive freely at 60mph without having to stop or slow down.  All major cities have traffic problems.    Also, the police would be heavily involved and would erect roadblocks that WILL stop you in your tracks.  Also, people jumping out of the way in the nick of time.  Negative ghostrider.  There will be fatalities.

Cleary you haven't watched enough road wars.