Shawn Robbins

Official Friday Est: I FRANK (2.82), RIDE (6.3), LONE (3.6), RYAN (2.6), HUSTLE (1.96), FROZEN (2.1)

Screw I Shitenstein. Got Mud, MOS, The Heat, Millers, Spectacular Now, Butler, and Capn Phil on Redbox. Since the city is freezing its ass off, its a perfect time for a marathonnn with the gf and roomie and whoever idc. Also wanted Blue J and Fruitvale, but it was out, but I'm content with these.

SN - review in the review thread, but it was a breath of fresh air from the other movies ive watched lately. Very honest film and though it lacked some consequence, but the stellar writing and cast made up for it.Mud - disk stopped working halfway through, gotta finish later. Got a free Redbox credit though.Heat - not very funny at all. The jokes and language were so forced its not even funny. And I didnt see the chemistry much either. Couldve been funnier with lesser "fucks" squeezed in and the direction just felt off. Millers - actually pretty damn funny and though parts felt off too, i can see why its the #2 comedy of 2013.Butler - eye opening and kind of hard to watch at times. Kind of hard to critique this yet, have to let it digest some more, but it was good and the cast and make-up was good. The Woolworths scene had my white gf in tears.MOS - after a second view my basic summary of the movie is "they tried to hard". The story, action, writing they tried to up the ante but up'ed it too far. I dont get the Cavill lashing, he wasnt really given anything substantial to work with. The story was complex and couldve been simplified pretty easily, but i loved the cast, score, and the action is still pretty sweet especially Smallville. The went in too hard in Metropolis, but it feels shorter watching at home. Basically, if you treat MOS as popcorn fun then its perfectly fine, but if you get serious with it then the issues come out. Same with IM3. 2013 was a janky year for comics.CP - Still fucking awesome. Ill never get tired of it. TBH, I wouldve had a fit if the Redbox was sold out when I went, I wanted it NOW. Greengrass deserved a nom, but im glad the movie, Barkhad, and Tom got theirs. Edited by Jandrew

What a beautiful Saturday. All I've done is play Batman, watch We Bought a Zoo, and now The Incredible Burt Wonderstone.

The agenda was to see Philomena and Dallas Buyers' Club but that didn't seem to pan out.

SN - review in the review thread, but it was a breath of fresh air from the other movies ive watched lately. Very honest film and though it lacked some consequence, but the stellar writing and cast made up for it.Mud - disk stopped working halfway through, gotta finish later. Got a free Redbox credit though.Heat - not very funny at all. The jokes and language were so forced its not even funny. And I didnt see the chemistry much either. Couldve been funnier with lesser "fucks" squeezed in and the direction just felt off. Millers - actually pretty damn funny and though parts felt off too, i can see why its the #2 comedy of 2013.Butler - eye opening and kind of hard to watch at times. Kind of hard to critique this yet, have to let it digest some more, but the cast and make-up was good. The Woolworths scene had my white gf in tears.MOS - after a second view my basic summary of the movie is "they tried to hard". The story, action, writing they tried to up the ante but up'ed it too far. I dont get the Cavill lashing, he wasnt really given anything substantial to work with. The story was complex and couldve been simplified pretty easily, but i loved the cast, score, and the action is still pretty sweet especially Smallville. The went in too hard in Metropolis, but it feels shorter watching at home. Basically, if you treat MOS as popcorn fun then its perfectly fine, but if you get serious with it then the issues come out. Same with IM3. 2013 was a janky year for comics.CP - Fucking awesome. Ill never get tired of it. TBH, I wouldve had a fit if the Redbox was sold out when I went, I wanted it NOW. Greengrass deserved a nom, but im glad the movie, Barkhad, and Tom got theirs.

Tom Hanks wasnt nominated

My dad went to judge a tournament today, and in the judges' lounge, they had pirated copies of DM2, CwaCom2, and Frozen playing. I guess I have to thank Tele, for allowing my dad to rewatch Frozen and enjoy it more ;)

• Like 1