Shawn Robbins

Superbowl Weekend Numbers (RTH updated Sun#s pg 14)

Nikki Finke ‏@NikkiFinke5h Friday Box Office: #5 'Labor Day' (Paramount - 2584 runs) viciously reviewed. Bombs with $2M and $5.5M wkd. Cost just $18M. C/score B-

Nikki Finke ‏@NikkiFinke5h Friday Box Office: #4 'Lone Survivor' (Universal - 3285 runs) holds $2.2M for $7.3M wkd and $105M cume. May fall to #5.

Nikki Finke ‏@NikkiFinke6h Friday Box Office: #3 'Frozen' (Disney - 2754 runs) in 11th week as sing-along. $2.2M for $10M wkd and $360M cume. Least hurt by Super Bowl.

Nikki Finke ‏@NikkiFinke6h Friday Box Office: #2 'Awkward Moment' (Focus - 2809 runs) opens meh but only cost $8M. $3.9M for $10M wkd. C/score B.

Nikki Finke ‏@NikkiFinke6h Friday Box Office: #1 for third straight 'Ride Along' (Universal - 2867 runs). $3.9M for $12.5M weekend and $93.2M cume.

Edited by a2knet

You know, Scott Pilgrim gives me hope for Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. He does an excellent Nega-Scott in the movie. ;)

Lololol I see what you did there. :P All jokes aside, it would be hilarious if Michael Cera was cast as Parasite or any other such Superman villain to team up with Lex Zuckerberg!

• Like 2

I like how Nikki says Labor Day was viciously reviewed, um 52% is rotten but I'm not sure I would call that vicious

It's 32% but yeah I still wouldn't call it vicious. Nearly double of Ride Along.

Frankestien(7%) or Nut Job(12%) would be vicious.

Nikki's snark though was the reason she was big at DHD.

Edited by a2knet

It's 32% but yeah I still wouldn't call it vicious. Nearly double of Ride Along.

Frankestien(7%) or Nut Job(12%) would be vicious.

Nikki's snark though was the reason she was big at DHD.

None of those other movies really aimed at being critical darlings though. That's why Nikki is salivating over LD's bashing! :D

• Like 1

Well Labor Day was a potential Oscar player so the critics are more vicious. It was really a weird decision to release it wide, I didn't see a commercial appeal for that one.

And just $8M budget for That Awkward Moment is good for the studio because it will won't lose money even it falls hard next weekend

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

Frozen: $2.24M

Labor Day: $1.93M

Jack Ryan: $1.78M

The Nut Job: $1.76M

American Hustle: $1.34M

I, Frankenstein: $1.09M

The Wolf of Wall Street: $1.09M

12 Years a Slave: $431,000

Saving Mr. Banks: $354,000

Devil's Due: $335,000