Shawn Robbins

Superbowl Weekend Numbers (RTH updated Sun#s pg 14)

Yeah these are legs that would be impressive in any era.  Had Frozen had a early-mid December opening, we might have seen something like a 40-45M OW and 425-450M total.  The Thanksgiving release makes it look more frontloaded than it is.

I don't think it would have a 425-450m total. Just because it had a 10-11 multiplier from pre-Christmas weekend does not mean it would have had the same multiplier had it opened then.

Also, the only thing anyone seemed to be talking about in line to get in to the screening was Jesse Eisenberg. Everyone seemed to have an opinion, consensus seems to be that Eisenberg was not what people had in mind, but they can see how he can do well in the role. There was a good group discussion about the SuperBat movie in line actually. A lot of internet rumors were being repeated as fact like Josh Holloway  may be Aquaman and so on. After today's announcement, I think it is time to start discounting internet rumors about the Superman/Batman movie as no casting rumors have been true.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Also, the only thing anyone seemed to be talking about in line to get in to the screening was Jesse Eisenberg. Everyone seemed to have an opinion, consensus seems to be that Eisenberg was not what people had in mind, but they can see how he can do well in the role. There was a good group discussion about the SuperBat movie in line actually. A lot of internet rumors were being repeated as fact like Josh Holloway may be Aquaman and so on. After today's announcement, I think it is time to start discounting internet rumors about the Superman/Batman movie as no casting rumors have been true.

If Josh Holloway is in any upcoming franchise tentpole, it might as well be Star Wars.
  • Like 1

Yeah these are legs that would be impressive in any era.  Had Frozen had a early-mid December opening, we might have seen something like a 40-45M OW and 425-450M total.  The Thanksgiving release makes it look more frontloaded than it is.

I always thought The Princess and the Frog opening in mid December was one of the big reasons it didn't make more money. Families that would have jumped at that movie with a Thanksgiving release ended up being distracted by Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 which was released in few weeks later. Alvin also ended up grossing more money. Disney learned a painful lesson that year. :(

So yeah I think mid December would have been bad for Frozen.

I always thought The Princess and the Frog opening in mid December was one of the big reasons it didn't make more money. Families that would have jumped at that movie with a Thanksgiving release ended up being distracted by Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 which was released in few weeks later. Alvin also ended up grossing more money. Disney learned a painful lesson that year. :(

So yeah I think mid December would have been bad for Frozen.

I don't think it would have a 425-450m total. Just because it had a 10-11 multiplier from pre-Christmas weekend does not mean it would have had the same multiplier had it opened then.

Fair point

GUYS 

I HAVE GREAT NEWS

It turns out I have a friend whose in the film theory class. So I got y'all some predicts :D Gonna try to keep it up every week:

Labor Day - 9M

That Awkward Moment - 6M

What did you drop out of it after being too frustrated?

Oh haha how did you do in it?  Imagine if there was a box office prediction portion on that exam... the curves would have to be crazy for people to pass.

Ended up getting an extreme A+ first quarter and then second quarter I stopped trying since I was just getting annoyed with the class. Still got an A B)

• Like 1