Shawn Robbins

Superbowl Weekend Numbers (RTH updated Sun#s pg 14)

You're trying to apply logic to a movie that clearly wasn't interested in that in the slightest.

I also got the sense that Verbinski just wanted to make a western and was significantly less interested in actually doing a Lone Ranger story. (I mean, I'm not that much of a LR fan, but they completely butchered that character six ways from Sunday).

Verbinski ALREADY did a western with Rango. He even won an Oscar for that movie. ;)

Aladdin did it too. It's amazing Frozen has been having run very similar to that Aladdin had 21 years ago. I think that's whats astounding about Frozen, it's turn back the clock to the early 90's.  :D

Yeah these are legs that would be impressive in any era.  Had Frozen had a early-mid December opening, we might have seen something like a 40-45M OW and 425-450M total.  The Thanksgiving release makes it look more frontloaded than it is.

Yeah these are legs that would be impressive in any era.  Had Frozen had a early-mid December opening, we might have seen something like a 40-45M OW and 425-450M total.  The Thanksgiving release makes it look more frontloaded than it is.

Disney's last few attempts at mid-December have been pretty dismal, even if the legs have been good. Thanksgiving is so much better.

Why do you say that? RA is sitting at 17% on Rotten Tomatoes for goodness sake.

Who cares? Frozen is sitting at 350m and counting. What does it matter if it's number one less times than ride along? Seriously.

Who cares? Frozen is sitting at 350m and counting. What does it matter if it's number one less times than ride along? Seriously.

Frozenites will not be satisfied until it top Avatar... even if it takes years of Christmas re-releases to do it.

So be prepared to hear about it every year.

• Like 1

Frozenites will not be satisfied until it top Avatar... even if it takes years of Christmas re-releases to do it.

LOL This is getting out of hand.

Mostly I'd like to see #1 because it would make an already strange box office run even strange. To hit #1 three times, each widely separated, is mostly unheard of. There are films that have hit #1 in three non-consecutive occasions, like E.T. and Terms of Endearment, but they usually did so when a film came up for a single weekend to top them in the course of a long run rather than to come up on occasion themselves.

• Like 2

Aladdin did it too. It's amazing Frozen has been having run very similar to that Aladdin had 21 years ago. I think that's whats astounding about Frozen, it's turn back the clock to the early 90's.  :D

Frozen truly has taken us back to the Early 90's! It's crazy Aladdin-like legs, Disney Princess trending high on the pop-culture radar again, the critical acclaim, the awards and the award winning songs and the soundtrack topping Billboards! It's like 1994 or something! :D

Edited by Spidey Freak

So true. Maybe it'll be the Christmas version of The Rocky Horror Picture show and play every year for over 3 decades.Posted Image

I can just picture it, the audience all dressed as their favorite character, everyone singing along, confetti dropping from the ceiling during all the scenes where it's snowing...Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 4

Mostly I'd like to see #1 because it would make an already strange box office run even strange. To hit #1 three times, each widely separated, is mostly unheard of. There are films that have hit #1 in three non-consecutive occasions, like E.T. and Terms of Endearment, but they usually did so when a film came up for a single weekend to top them in the course of a long run rather than to come up on occasion themselves.

I would like to see it too but it wouldn't be tragedy if it didn't.

GUYS 

I HAVE GREAT NEWS

It turns out I have a friend whose in the film theory class. So I got y'all some predicts :D Gonna try to keep it up every week:

Labor Day - 9M

That Awkward Moment - 6M

How is that great news? :unsure:

So true. Maybe it'll be the Christmas version of The Rocky Horror Picture show and play every year for over 3 decades.Posted Image

I can just picture it, the audience all dressed as their favorite character, everyone singing along, confetti dropping from the ceiling during all the scenes where it's snowing...Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

That sounds like fun.

Just got back from a screening of "Pompeii".

The movie is basically Gladiator (when I say basically, I mean exactly) with Kit Harington playing Russell Crowe (called "The Celt" as opposed to "The Spaniard" in Gladiator) and Kiefer Sutherland playing Joaquin Phoenix while obviously phoning it in.

The volcano takes way too long to erupt and frankly we don't care for any for the characters till that point. Once the volcano erupts, it is glorious, the CGI and 3D are good after that point. If this was just a visual effects showreel, it would be pretty good.

Kit Harington does well. Emily Browning acts like she is constantly in shock. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje is awesome as a slave who becomes our hero's friend.

• Like 1