Shawn Robbins

Superbowl Weekend Numbers (RTH updated Sun#s pg 14)

GUYS I HAVE GREAT NEWS It turns out I have a friend whose in the film theory class. So I got y'all some predicts :D Gonna try to keep it up every week: Labor Day - 9MThat Awkward Moment - 6M

Considering what comes out of that class I expected worse
  • Like 1

Interesting, I was just looking at this weeks theater counts and see Lone Survivor increased +123. What's strange is that when I was at the theater today it's down to 1 show at 10:25 there.

I can't understand the theater increase, it's been out long enough that theaters that wanted it should have had it by now, but it hasn't been long enough to hit dollar theaters yet.

Pretty much all the other theater count changes make sense, although I though Jack Ryan might have shed more than 480, but then again, only 2 middle of the road releases don't take up too many screens, and Devil's Due theater loss alone makes up about a quarter of that demand.

TLR is fun. It just takes a bit too long to find its footing but when it explodes into what it should've been earlier at the end...it's kinda awesome.But, there's a long slog of ok to get there.It certainly didn't deserve the critical slam it got though. How this got razzie noms up the ass while a shitfest like White House Down didn't even get mentioned...I don't understand.Ok, actually, I do get it...the razzies have nothing to do with what actually sucked the most.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

1). Ride Along (UNI), 2867 theaters (+108) / $3.9M Fri. / 3-day Cume: $11.5M to $11.8M / Wk 3

2). That Awkward Moment (FOCUS), 2,809 theaters / $4.25M Fri. / 3-day Cume: $10.8M to $11M / Wk 1

3). Frozen, (DIS) 2,754 theaters (-3) / $2.2M Fri. / 3-day Cume: $8.9M / Wk 11

4). The Nut Job (OPRD) 3,472 theaters (0) / $1.7M Fri. / 3-day Cume: $7.7M to $7.9M / Wk 3

5). Lone Survivor, (UNI) 3,285 theaters (+123) / $2.2M Fri. / 3-day Cume: $7M to $7.3M / Wk 6

6). Labor Day (PAR), 2,589 theaters / $2.1M Fri. / 3-day Cume: $5.6M to $5.9M / Wk 1

7). Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (PAR) 2,907 theaters (-480) / $1.8M Fri. / 3-day Cume: $5.6M to $5.7M / Wk 3

8). American Hustle, (SONY) 2,216 theaters (-88) / $1.2M Fri. / 3-day Cume: $4.1M to $4.2M / Wk 8

9/10). The Wolf Of Wall Street, (PAR) 1,607 theaters (-197) / $1.1M Fri. / 3-day Cume: $3.4M / Wk 6

I, Frankenstein (LGF), 2,753 theaters (0) / $1.1M Fri. / Estimated 3-day Cume: $3.2M to $3.4M / Wk 2

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/box-office-ride-along-rolls-over-that-awkward-moment-frozen-sing-a-long-chimes/

• Like 3

I think there's a difference between watching a movie on TV with low expectations after it's been bashed by everyone, and paying money for it and seeing it on the big screen without having the ability to fast-forward or switch channels. Audience is more forgiving in the comfort of their homes when you can opt out whenever or skip scenes if the movie gets tedious. Unless you make Battlefield Earth, Batman & Robin or The Room, you are bound to find the it-wasn't-that-bad kind of love.

• Like 1

TLR is fun. It just takes a bit too long to find its footing but when it explodes into what it should've been earlier at the end...it's kinda awesome.But, there's a long slog of ok to get there.It certainly didn't deserve the critical slam it got though. How this got razzie noms up the ass while a shitfest like White House Down didn't even get mentioned...I don't understand.Ok, actually, I do get it...the razzies have nothing to do with what actually sucked the most.

agree, the movie for me is still generally dull but the the action setpieces were amazing so the Oscar nomination for visual effects is well deserved