spizzer

AWESOME Weekend Estimates BOM | Lego 69.1M | MM 22.7M | RA 9.4M | FRZ 6.9M | VA 4.1M | TAM 5.5M |

Mortal Instruments and The Host are funny because the studios believed they had big hits in hands. Marketing was insane, particulary for Mortal Instruments. That shit was everywhere. And started his marketing campaign in November 2012, when it was only going to be released in late August 2013. And the first teaser for The Host came out a full year before his release date (March 2012 first trailer, March 2013 release date).

At least Weinstein and WB let VA and BC die discretely.

Mortal Instruments had the weirdest ad campaign ever. They didn't seem to be interested in selling the movie as much as they were selling comparisons to previous movies. Some quotes I remember from that campaign were "The next Twilight is here" and "More thrilling than the Hunger Games" and so on.

staying clear of any vampire discussion, you guys can be way mean to vampire lovers  :ph34r:

i saw an ad for a film named POMPEII with jon snow in it , have no idea what its about but hey i'm willing to give a try to his projects he's such a cutie!

My impressions of the movie Pompeii from the Pompeii thread:

The movie is basically Gladiator (when I say basically, I mean exactly) with Kit Harington playing Russell Crowe (called "The Celt" as opposed to "The Spaniard" in Gladiator) and Kiefer Sutherland playing Joaquin Phoenix while obviously phoning it in.

The volcano takes way too long to erupt and frankly we don't care for any for the characters till that point. Once the volcano erupts, it is glorious, the CGI and 3D are good after that point. If this was just a visual effects showreel, it would be pretty good.

Kit Harington does well. Emily Browning acts like she is constantly in shock. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje is awesome as a slave who becomes our hero's friend.

Just got back from The Lego Movie. I was DEAD wrong about this movie being shitty. The last 15 minutes a lone is some deeply emotional stuff. Reminded me a lot of Toy Story 3. Voice acting was amazing. Much better than I anticipated!

Gets an easy A. 4.5/5

• Like 5

For me what made Twilight popular is not really about the vampires but the love story, hate him or love him the way Edward was written really made girls fall over him.

Anyway, very happy LEGO movie is gonna do well ;)

Twilight was interesting because it inverted roles.

The female character was way more horny than the male one. That s why 98% of male don't get Twilight, it is about young girls/women lust.

Edited by The Futurist

Angel the Show >>>> Buffy.. IMO

Agreed 100%. Loved that show, it had consistently better storylines and characters compared to Buffy. Doyle, Wesley, Cordelia, Fred, Gunn, Lorne and Spike and Connor in the final seasons. 

The main thing I liked about it was the tone was a lot better than Buffy had which was basically a quip-a-second show. Especially liked how Wolfram and Hart were present as an enemy throughout all seasons.

• Like 1