spizzer

AWESOME Weekend Estimates BOM | Lego 69.1M | MM 22.7M | RA 9.4M | FRZ 6.9M | VA 4.1M | TAM 5.5M |

• Founder / Operator

I think Shawn has let expectations get out of control here with his 23-25 remark. Anything above 15 is a win for the movie, no one expected it to do anywhere near as much for the entire OW when it was announced.

I said it was speculation, nothing else. ;)

$20 million isn't even guaranteed yet.

Edited by ShawnMR

Just to clarify, that was PURE speculation. I have no evidence indicating $23-25m.

You said it, so it turns speculation into reality. Remember when Jack Ryan was supposed to open with 8.5M OD? :lol:

Also, good for MM. Hopefully it gets those 20M over the weekend.

• Like 1

To freak Shawn out further

Posted ImageShawn Robbins ‏@BoxOfficeTheory  1m

Sources tell @BoxOffice that MONUMENTS MEN could earn around $7.5-8 million today. VAMPIRE ACADEMY looking at $2 million.

The vampire craze continues to fade out ever since the end of the Twilight series. I'm not suprised VA flopped given the poor advertising.
  • Like 1

I ve read reviews saying the movie is almost more enjoyable for adults than kids because of the wit of the humor, the satire, subtext & pop culutural references.

Is that true ?

Maybe the movie it too witty for its own good.

Edited by The Futurist

I ve read reviewssaying the movie is almost more enjoyable for adults than kids because of the with of the humour, the satire, subtext & pop culutural references.

Is that true ?

Maybe the movie it too witty for its own good.

I'm sure kids will be fine.

I saw Monuments Men today in a half full theater at 1pm.   That's pretty huge for any film.  

I have no idea what anyone thought of it as no one said anything when they left the theater.

As for me, it's one of the slowest, most boring films I've ever seen.  It's not funny, it's not interesting, there's no chemistry with any of the actors and overall it's a bit better than I, Frankenstein.

The vampire craze continues to fade out ever since the end of the Twilight series. I'm not suprised VA flopped given the poor advertising.

Was the vampire craze even a thing? Pretty much all non-Twilight vampire movies flopped

Was the vampire craze even a thing? Pretty much all non-Twilight vampire movies flopped

I think the vampire craze was more of a TV thing. Twilight really helped boosted True Blood's ratings starting in its second season, and The Vampire Dairies show was only created because of the popularity of Twilight.

• Like 4

• Founder / Operator

I guess the vampire craze was more of a broad pop culture thing than movies specifically. True Blood in particular, plus all of those CW shows...

Edit: Mojoguy beat me to it. :)

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

it kicked off all the vamipre themed tv shows like True Blood, Vampire Diaries and in a way also the US version of Being Human... but yea on the big screen that success wasnt repeated. (edit damn it too slow with my answer ;) )

Edited by chuck0
  • Like 1