spizzer

AWESOME Weekend Estimates BOM | Lego 69.1M | MM 22.7M | RA 9.4M | FRZ 6.9M | VA 4.1M | TAM 5.5M |

• Founder / Operator

Can we expect some solid multiplier? With 80M OW 250M should be assured, huh? 

Pretty much. We'd be talking $300+ million at that point. (Not saying $300m would be locked, but, pretty likely.)

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 5

Posted Image

LEGO MOVIE might be Tele Jr's first movie ever in theaters.

I see you have come around on the movie after being all old man Tele about it 2 weeks ago  :P

Also, if you are taking Tele Jr. to the movie, let me introduce you to the song you will be listening to for the next god knows how long. It has been stuck in my head since yesterday, and kids seem to have taken to the song in a big way

Edited by grim22
  • Like 4

• Founder / Operator

Not at all, if early numbers have it at 20m. That movie is going to do great night business compared to other animated movies.

Very well could. Just concerned with weather in some areas, plus the Olympics starting tonight (as our friend Xiayun brought up earlier).

• Founder / Operator

If 25M OD happens then February is the new March/April/October. Prepare to see it getting invaded by blockbusters every year.

That's the definitely the goal here, I think. People kept saying LEGO couldn't be big because February doesn't have big movies... but that's almost always been because big movies with mass appeal didn't open February (with rare exceptions like Passion and Hannibal).