spizzer

Weekend Actuals | Lego 69,050,279 | MM 22,003,433 | VA 3,921,742 | RA 9,589,940 | FRZ 6,872,811 |

Nut Job 2 is coming out now.

Yes. On Jan 15, 2016 to be exact: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=113912

Producers of the animated comedy “Nut Job” are re-teaming for a sequel with an opening date of Jan. 15, 2016.

The producers of the toon — Open Road Films, Redrover Co. Ltd., ToonBox Entertainment Ltd. and Gulfstream Pictures — announced Thursday that they are on board for the project.

“The Nut Job” opened with $25.7 million over the four-day weekend at the U.S. box office in what’s touted as the biggest independent animated film opening of all time.

Edited by grim22

200M potential for the upcoming 4-day.  2003 had Valentine's Day on the Friday of Pres. Day weekend and we got an adjusted 228M that weekend with Daredevil leading the way.  I think Lego alone could push past 70M.  

NBA All Star Game on Sunday but that only pulled 8M viewers last year.

Anyone in SoCal want to watch "Robocop" tonight? I have passes for 2 at Burbank 16 and I can't make it due to work. The show is at 7:30pm, you will need to be there by 6:30 at the latest to guarantee a seat.

PM me is anyone wants the passes.

Okay, so I looked for Frozen's first Monday, it was 12/2, right?If so, we sold 65 tickets for it all day. Today, so far we have already sold 52 tickets for LEGO. Not saying it's going to have a better drop, but I was just thinkin about that and thought I would check it out.

I'm leaving now and LEGO has sold 95 tickets so far today. I would think there's a good chance it could hit 130 and double Frozen's first Moday. Edited by rallax
  • Like 6

So this is floating around the internet

Posted Image

Saw that, but it is just a placeholder, won't be surprised if they have one for all nominees. Oscar voting starts tomorrow, so they can't know the winner already... unless it is fixed  :ph34r:

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Saw that, but it is just a placeholder, won't be surprised if they have one for all nominees. Oscar voting starts tomorrow, so they can't know the winner already... unless it is fixed :ph34r:

That seems like quite a waste of time, effort and money to make those for every single nominee.

That seems like quite a waste of time, effort and money to make those for every single nominee.

I think they need to have it on hand. Since no one actually knows who has won till the names are announced, you make one for each nominee and then attach it to a statue when the winner makes his/her way onto stage. At least that is what I would guess happens.

From the Oscar website:

Achievements in up to 25 regular categories will be honored on February 26, 2012, at the 84th Academy Awards presentation at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center®. However, the Academy won’t know how many statuettes it will hand out until the envelopes are opened on Oscar Night®. Although the number of categories are known in advance, the possibility of ties and of multiple recipients sharing the prize in some categories makes it impossible to predict the exact number of statuettes to be awarded. As in previous years, any surplus awards will be housed in the Academy’s vault until next year’s event.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

I would imagine they would just melt down the written metal panels for those nominees that didn't win and get their money back! ;)

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

Official explanation for the nameplate

But no, this is not a supreme spoiler. In fact, final voting for the Oscars hasn't even started yet. Balloting commences on Friday and closes on Feb. 25. So while Leo might indeed be a frontrunner (don't tell Chiwetel Ejiofor), it doesn't mean he's already locked up the prize.

So how to explain the nameplate? As of 2010, the Academy creates engraved nameplates for every Oscar nominee, with the winners being given their nameplates at the Governor's Ball on Oscar night.

Here's how a 2010 Oscar press release explains it: "In preparation for the night, the Academy will create 197 nameplates, one for each 2009 nominee in every category. The engraving will include the nominee’s name, category, film title and year. After the winners have been announced, the unused nameplates will be recycled."

Edited by grim22