Shawn Robbins

Weekend numbers Feb 14-16

I'm wondering how much valentines day inflated certain movies.Endless Love won't hold strong overly well, but good word of mouth should let About Last Night be a hit.I think The Monuments Men might be a bit overinflated, there wasn't much of an option for older couples.LEGO and Frozen are the two that probably are going to hold strong the best due to being family movies and not couple movies.This is the one weekend where I want to see Saturday before making a judgement.Monuments Men might make it to 70m but I'm thinking mid-high 60s.RoboCop is having a lackluster opening, but it hunk it can pull off high 50s to low 60sAbout Last Night might perform like Think Like a Man Too.A winters tale is the obvious bomb.

Made even bigger by the rare occurrence of Valentine's landing on the Friday before.

Drops are going to be huge for a lot of movies next weekend.

Except for Frozen probably.  That seems resilient to any sort of anything really.

Great Friday numbers.  I don't buy that every movie got an equal Valentine's Day bump.  Frozen in its 12th weekend with a 1.7M day probably had a very small ratio of Valentine's day crowd; the inflation is coming from the weather clearing and the President's day weekend.  Same for Lego but to a lesser extent.

Ride Along went up 31% from last Friday and is up 585% from Thursday.  As I said last night, that might be an interesting gauge of the Valentine's Day bump for About Last Night, and Endless Love/Winter's Tale to a lesser extent.

Massive weekend ahead folks.  Lego's going to take down the 4-day record and I think a 50-60% Sat. bump is enough to push it over 70M.

• Like 1

Made even bigger by the rare occurrence of Valentine's landing on the Friday before.

Drops are going to be huge for a lot of movies next weekend.

Drops are going to be legendary next weekend. VD + 4 day weekend? Should be fun :lol: 

I'm wondering how much valentines day inflated certain movies.Endless Love won't hold strong overly well, but good word of mouth should let About Last Night be a hit.I think The Monuments Men might be a bit overinflated, there wasn't much of an option for older couples.LEGO and Frozen are the two that probably are going to hold strong the best due to being family movies and not couple movies.This is the one weekend where I want to see Saturday before making a judgement.Monuments Men might make it to 70m but I'm thinking mid-high 60s.RoboCop is having a lackluster opening, but it hunk it can pull off high 50s to low 60sAbout Last Night might perform like Think Like a Man Too.A winters tale is the obvious bomb.

• Like 1

not sure about lego, but i have the feeling that frozen did get quite a big bump from VD... saturday numbers really will be interesting with respect to that.

Yes ABout Last night. Too much for Endless Love <_<

I haven't seen it, but I watched a video online where the person said that Endless Love was the worse adaption of a book he's ever seen, as well as being an awful movie.

I'm inclined to agree with that person.

I cannot separate About Last Night, Endless Love and Winter's Tale in my head, they are anonymous movies.

The Office(UK), Se 1, Ep 6

David: "Look whether or not Anton is indeed a midget, or a dwarf-"

Alex: "No he’s a midget"

David: "What’s the difference?"

Alex: "A dwarf is someone who has disproportionately short arms and legs"

David: "Oh I know the ones"

Alex: "It’s caused by a hormone deficiency"

David: "Yeah… bloody hormones"

Alex: "A midget is still a dwarf but their arms and legs are in proportion"

Gareth: "So... what’s an elf?"