Shawn Robbins

Weekend numbers Feb 14-16

VD affects everything. Yesterday everything over here was selling like crazy. Even stuff like Frankenstein and Jack Ryan. RoboCop was doing some crazy numbers. Ditto for Winter's Tale and That Awkward Moment. Endless Love was the only one underperforming.

I guess even on VD guys have a limit on how far they will go for their girl. It looks like it would be torture to sit through, kind of like the scene in Raiders of the lost Ark when the Germans open it.... Posted Image

• Like 1

Go LEGO! ;) Glad Frozen is still holding up well :)

Both Endless Love and Winter's Tale (along with Vampire Academy and Monuments Men which opened here this week) are underperforming here in my country because a local romcom is dominating

Anyway, I saw both EL and WT via press screenings and I like EL better, it's generic and all but it's more engaging at least than WT is which was a bore and just weird

Edited by forg

400% bump for Lego? What the fuck is that?I assume the Saturday bump will only be in the 30% - 40% range?

More like 70-90% (lower than the usual 125-130%) 

The snowstorm gave it a much larger increase... I'm expecting that Valentine's Day wasn't the main factor (kids wanted something to see) for its increase. 

That would give it a 4 day between 60-75 million which is spectacular

I'm more surprised by how small the drop for Monuments Men is going to be... it could get $20 million 4 day if it gets an increase above 30% tomorrow. 

More like 70-90% (lower than the usual 125-130%) The snowstorm gave it a much larger increase... I'm expecting that Valentine's Day wasn't the main factor (kids wanted something to see) for its increase. That would give it a 4 day between 60-75 million which is spectacularI'm more surprised by how small the drop for Monuments Men is going to be... it could get $20 million 4 day if it gets an increase above 30% tomorrow.

I think VDay was definitely a factor. Remember it has a lot of adult appeal