Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: The Lego Movie - 31.5M | 3 Days to Kill - 12.3M | Pompeii - 10M

Hard to say. The Polar Express (different studio of course) came out in 2004 and got a re-release every year from 2005-2012. Of course those were all pretty small re-releases, less than 21m combined.

I could easily see it getting a re-release around x-mas, but I could also see Disney waiting for the 5th or 10th anniversary. I could also see both if Disney wants to get greedy, a re-release this year to push it past 442m then let it sit until the 10th anniversary.

I see a Frozen short attached to Finding Dory. Probably..ahem..really sorry...but for the first time in for ever, that a short film could be marketed to pull in people for a full length feature that itself has a lot of hype. So lot's of ways Frozen can make Disney money.

Edited by a2knet

I see a Frozen short attached to Finding Dory. Probably..ahem..really sorry...but for the first time in for ever, that a short film could be marketed to pull in people for a full length feature that itself has a lot of hype. So lot's of ways Frozen can make Disney money.

I doubt they're going to put a WDAS short in front of a Pixar feature, or vice versa.

A Frozen short in front of either Big Hero 6 or one of the 2016 Disney films it much more likely.

I gotta say i'm a little surprise people (Church groups) are even going to see Son of God. Its obviously a big Cash Grab by the studios when you can just go buy the DVD set on the series.

The existence of Son of God seems very cynical. Isn't it just a recut version of the bible TV series? Fox expects audiences to be fooled into seeing something they can see for free.

It's because church groups and fundamentalist Christians are going to turn out for it anyways.

Definitely a big weekend for Frozen. It topped Sith yesterday, will top Nemo and Potter 8 today. Crazy.

Will also become second highest-grossing non-sequel animation ever today. The Lion King is probably safe at #1 thanks to its 3D re-release.

Frozen will still be beating TLK in WW numbers. ;)

The existence of Son of God seems very cynical. Isn't it just a recut version of the bible TV series? Fox expects audiences to be fooled into seeing something they can see for free.

Well if you can fool people in to believing two white siblings turned in to 7 billion non-mongoloid people of all races just 6,000 years later you can get them to do anything.

Edited by PDC1987
  • Like 11

Hopefully this will kill PWSA's career.

P.W. Anderson's films aren't even financed by Hollywood for the most part, which is what most people forget.

They're made by the German company Constantin Films.

So,no.

Edited by Fancyarcher