AdamKendall

Space Jam: A New Legacy | July 16 2021 | WB | Malcolm D. Lee to direct, Ryan Coogler producing. Lebron James to star

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I'm saying that last week when Black Widow had a much softer drop people went apeshit but it's crickets with a nearly 80 percent plummet.

Oh ok, fair enough.

I mean in that case, I'm not surprised. We're talking franchise war soldiers who've been salivating a win since...2016 at least? Hungry dogs don't hold back when given crumbs. 

The question is, how much is this movie making from HBO Max? There's no chance it'll earn back its $150 million budget from theatrical revenue alone at this rate, but could it do well enough as a streaming title for Warner Bros. to deem it a success? 

Edited by El Squibbonator

21 minutes ago, AJG said:

What did the Nostalgia Critic do.

You've been under a rock, huh?

In the past three years, dude and his website's been outed for general incompetence, mismanagement, poor treatment of its content creators, and even hiding a sexual predator under the rug.

Even outside of that, his videos have been getting dunked on more and more lately for having either bad criticism or just being cheap and ugly with bad CGI or just the atrocities that are his clipless reviews (the reactions towards his review on Pink Floyd's The Wall is priceless)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skipper Eric said:

In the past three years, dude and his website's been outed for general incompetence, mismanagement, poor treatment of its content creators, and even hiding a sexual predator under the rug.

Even outside of that, his videos have been getting dunked on more and more lately for having either bad criticism or just being cheap and ugly with bad CGI or just the atrocities that are his clipless reviews (the reactions towards his review on Pink Floyd's The Wall is priceless)

In fairness, they fired the sexual predator in question when they found out about it. They just didn’t publicly disclose the reason he was fired because the victims told them not to. 

1 hour ago, Skipper Eric said:

I used to watch Nostalgia Critic quite a bit. I like the older stuff (its like watching a bad movie in 20 minutes with some jokes).
New stuff is too overproduced and not as funny as they think. I don’t think I’ve seen any of his videos since 2018. 

His criticism has always been bad. I also blame Nostalgia Critic and AVGN for modern YouTube criticism (loudly complain about nonsense for 20 minutes and then be nice for 3 minutes at the end for “nuance”).

On 8/1/2021 at 5:31 PM, AJG said:

I used to watch Nostalgia Critic quite a bit. I like the older stuff (its like watching a bad movie in 20 minutes with some jokes).
New stuff is too overproduced and not as funny as they think. I don’t think I’ve seen any of his videos since 2018. 

His criticism has always been bad. I also blame Nostalgia Critic and AVGN for modern YouTube criticism (loudly complain about nonsense for 20 minutes and then be nice for 3 minutes at the end for “nuance”).

I would add CinemaSins on that blame list. 

2 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Hits digital September 3rd with a price point of $31.99

Include an AU cut where LeBron loses, that'll boost sales. 

Went to see this last night and it was pretty bad. Lebron was shocking, as was Don Cheadle, I expect two Razzies to be flying their way. 

Making the basket ball game a computer game was a huge mistake, as was having a distracting crowd of extras dressed up as WB characters. There were some cute moments with the toons and some of the WB references. 

2/5

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Went to see this last night and it was pretty bad. Lebron was shocking, as was Don Cheadle, I expect two Razzies to be flying their way. 

Making the basket ball game a computer game was a huge mistake, as was having a distracting crowd of extras dressed up as WB characters. There were some cute moments with the toons and some of the WB references. 

2/5

TBH I thought Cheadle going scene-chewing mode was one of the few things going for this. 

For better or worse, it's on par with the original SJ except it's a half hour longer (why?) and thus what can be an inoffensive affair started to wear out its welcome.

2.5 out of 5