baumer

Non-Stop (2014)

33 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

His reason, and help me out here, is that he was going to prove the security in the US was an illusion by exposing Neeson as someone who couldn't do his job?  And his bad feelings came about because of 9/11.  I found this to be really stupid.

I didn't have a problem with the plots. Some were after the money which was going to be transferred if Liam died. The main bad guy was a disillusioned veteran, which wanted to use the 9/11 excuse, to stir up issues.

The mystery element was fantastic.  Every potential suspect had a viable motivation/background.  I really couldn't figure out who the baddie was going to be. The execution/editing/pacing had a slight level of detachment for me.  It was like watching any other Steven Segal or Die Hard-knockoff movie.  Not to say it wasn't fun.  I really enjoyed it but it definitely had a sense of non-tethered-ness... if that makes sense.

I thought it was the guy who turned out to be the bad guy, based on there early talk at the airport, but then it switched to whether the cop was a bad guy mastermind. The bad air Marshall was easy to figure out as they were on a secure line and they sent him so much personal information. The other smart thing that was good was the way that they made the questions arise about Moore so the bad black guy was forgotten about.

His reason, and help me out here, is that he was going to prove the security in the US was an illusion by exposing Neeson as someone who couldn't do his job?  And his bad feelings came about because of 9/11.  I found this to be really stupid.

I just saw this again and you probably missed the first part of that as it was said quickly. His father died in the 9/11 attacks. Which could understanding have started his bad feelings that he was going to die for.

2 insane hours full of tension and action. Neeson is fantastic. Fuck the stupid twist. They really just wanted to chose to people randomly for us to never guess who was. Than they inserted the 9/11 thing in one and the money thing in another.

• Like 2

I just saw this again and you probably missed the first part of that as it was said quickly. His father died in the 9/11 attacks. Which could understanding have started his bad feelings that he was going to die for.

I did see that part.  But it still doesn't explain what he hoped to accomplish from all of this.

"Real heroes do whatever's necessary -I guess I wouldn't understand" I don't know if this was a nod to Batman Begins but it was hilarious nonetheless :D

Anyway, it was never boring and a really good time despite it being very cliched. Liam Neeson was awesome as always and the rest of the cast was good too. The mystery was handled well and the movie was well paced with tension building nicely.

8/10

Overall a great, bad ass film!

Liam Neeson is doing a GREAT service for old school action films worldwide! He is making bad ass action films that have an almost old school 80s essence to them, except Neeson is doing it in his own unique way that still feels fresh and modern. He's doing now what Statham has been doing for years, just in his own style.

Neeson can make as many Takens and Taken-style films as he wants, the more the merrier! These sort of films never get old. All killer, no filler. Just good, old fashioned bad ass action.

I loved how this film was unpredictable. You weren't quite sure where the film was going, and who was who. The added sense of mystery really added in my eyes to the drama and action going on. Neeson was, as always, very effective and convincing in his acting.

This gets a very solid B+ from me, bordering on an A-.

This film is a god awful piece of trash! The first 20 minutes are an excellent setup they're is an interesting vibe, it makes Liam Neeson likeable and it builds suspense. Then the rest of the movie happens I was so bores I wanted to tear my eyes out. Every few minutes I was praying please let this thing end soon. Nothing interesting happens after the first twenty minutes. NOTHING! This film would probably be an effective torture device.

Its really late and I should be studying up on my master thesis but I just couldn't be bothered so I decided to watch a brainless Neeson movie instead ...

good call !

Its trying to be grounded at first ( or better yet airborne lol ) with the mystery but as the film progresses and reaches its bonkers climax it completely falls apart ... but not in a bad way !

This kind of experience teaches me that there is a right mood for a movie that's not necessarily good but sorta is good for you at the right time for it ... if that makes any sense whatsoever

btw its worth noting that when you have a good dramatic actor such as Neeson in a movie which could've easily starred Arnie back in the day you see the difference as he sorta elevates the insane material just enough to make it worth your time

7/10