Impact

Best Actress-2014 Predictions

Yeah, I think Meryl is missing now despite being, you know, Meryl. Even her "default" nominations were for roles that are undeniably baity, and a singing nameless witch in a Disney (who stink at Oscar campaigns) fantasy is not one of those. Julianne Moore is gonna win this for sure now, at last.

Amy Dunne is a great role but let's be honest: if Sandra Bullock couldn't overcome Cate Blanchett last year, Rosamund Pike won't beat Julianne Moore this year. And I say that as someone who loooovvveeeddd Gone Girl the book and am dying of anticipation for the movie. She's playing a really unlikable character in a genre film and she won't be doing much, if any, campaigning because of her pregnancy. Ultimately, she's likely gonna end up in the same boat as Rooney Mara three years ago, where the nomination alone is her reward.

Edited by filmlover

What is Moore in?

And I think Witherspoon did deserve the Oscar, and I do like her as a person a lot more then most of Hollywood :P

Anyway-I'm predicting Pike.

Moore is in Still Alice, she plays a character suffering from early signs of dementia and universal raves for her performance from those saw it at the TIFF

Julianne Moore is the frontrunner now, no doubt.Only Pike can beat her but she would have to put out a once in a lifetime star making performance, which is possible since I hear the part is very meaty.

Does Moore's film has a distributor yet? I think she's the frontrunner, but if she doesn't have the right distributor, she still can be beatable. 

• Like 1

amy adams

felicity jones

julianne moore

rosamund pike

reese witherspoon

what I'm feeling at the moment. I've yet to see the movies but idk, doesn't seem like an especially strong year for the category.

Never doubt Meryl with top billing on a movie poster for a Disney musical.

• Like 1