JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

We are a very family centric cinema so our weekend bumps are probably higher, but we'll find out soon!

What do you think about the movie? Have you overheard any post-screen reactions? I'm very curious about the WOM.

Edited by KATCH 22

What do you think about the movie? Have you overheard any post-screen reactions? I'm very curious about the WOM.

It was decent. A standard Marvel fair IMO but nothing exceptional. Entertaining for sure. Plot could have been a bit better.

WOM I'm hearing is mostly positive from the GA but slightly negative from the hard core fans.

• Like 1

Avengers 3D share has been barely existent though so it isn't too much of a factor.

Stunning Saturday for Age of Ultron!

In a nutshell 3D is dead with a few exception and does nothing with animation might as well not bother (not the case few years ago)

There are some cinemas today presales 2D sessions high 3D atm not so much, 3D on aou wont even hit 40%

• Like 2

It is indeed a fantastic sat #.

Should mean TA2 can reach 40m at a minimum with 50m dependent on some good holds. And I think the GA seems to like it so far.

If u think, ta2 will be around 16.5m including previews after 4 days (4.1 essentially) it compares well with the 5 full day total of TA (19.3m)

To match TA2 we will need < 40% dips every week. Ie strong legs.

In a nutshell 3D is dead with a few exception and does nothing with animation might as well not bother (not the case few years ago)

There are some cinemas today presales 2D sessions high 3D atm not so much, 3D on aou wont even hit 40%

This is because so many films treated 3D as a gimmick with poor conversations, films that were never meant to be 3D. I think Avatar will see a 3D boost again next year.