AniNate

Sausage Party | Rogen/Goldberg Animation | August 12, 2016 | Support the Sausage Party Artists!

People aren't going to just run out for any movie about men/women behaving badly anymore, there needs to be an interesting concept. Whether or not that ends up being this movie remains to be seen

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

People aren't going to just run out for any movie about men/women behaving badly anymore, there needs to be an interesting concept. Whether or not that ends up being this movie remains to be seen

It's food behaving badly.

Duh.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Any theories as to the failure of that genre this year?

Neighbors 2

Keanu

Popstar

The Nice Guys

Dirty Grandpa

Mike & Dave

How to be Single 

The Boss (kinda sorta) 

Neighbors 2 was a sequel no one really wanted. Keanu, Popstar, and The Nice Guy were niche products from inception. Dirty Grandpa and Mike & Dave did okay given that neither looked particularly funny (try harder, Zac). How to Be Single did fine for a movie that didn't have any box office draws in the cast, while The Boss would've flopped instead of doing merely solid had it starred anyone but Melissa.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Neighbors 2

Keanu

Popstar

The Nice Guys

Dirty Grandpa

Mike & Dave

How to be Single 

The Boss (kinda sorta) 

Last year if I remember did have any big R movies beside Spy.

Just now, Spaghetti said:

I know this is slightly meaningless, but nearby theaters are pretty confident in this - they're giving this the biggest auditoriums they have for opening showtimes.

A part of me thinks this could just do a Team America and flop.

Remember, back in the BOM days, people were expecting Team America to open to $30m and it opened to $12m lol. 

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

A part of me thinks this could just do a Team America and flop.

Remember, back in the BOM days, people were expecting Team America to open to $30m and it opened to $12m lol. 

God, I hope not. Although even if it does flop, it seems destined to become a cult classic, à la Team America.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Neighbors 2

Keanu

Popstar

The Nice Guys

Dirty Grandpa

Mike & Dave

How to be Single 

The Boss (kinda sorta) 

These movies just don't justify young adults, the main target audience, spending $12+ on them. These movies generally can definitely be waited on to hit Redbox, Itunes, or Netflix. And also there's plenty of alternatives already on those platforms.

Movies have gotten so expensive that we're now seeing mid-level take a hit, and I feel these types of movies are going to be taking a hit as well going forward.

Also none of these are truly unique or freshen up the genre. Nice Guys is a fresh addition because it's apparently pretty good, but it doesn't bring much new.

Edited by jandrew

Decided to check out Facebook likes for the films mentioned that were original (sorry Neighbors 2)

Keanu - 165k

Popstar - 141k

The Nice Guys - 88k

Dirty Grandpa - 226k

Mike & Dave - 117k

How to be Single - 374k

The Boss - 349k

At the moment, before even being released, Sausage party has 680k.

• Like 2