AniNate

Sausage Party | Rogen/Goldberg Animation | August 12, 2016 | Support the Sausage Party Artists!

12 minutes ago, trifle said:

@Nova But does Kevin Spacey turn into a cat?

Either that guy really resented having to pay money to see the movie, or RT is right at having a lead on its main page calling that the worst.

"The movie where Kevin Spacey turns into a cat is the worst." it warns all visitors to the site, on its main page.

I haven't heard good things form that cat movie so if the sausage ends up turning into Kevin Spacey then we've got a problem...

I don't know what is wrong with these people at Collider but saying over and over again how much a movie made you 'laugh' or what type of 'laughing' you did is not a review of a movie.  This review was more mindless than the actual movie.

Worst. Review. Ever

This is a review of a movie.

Edited by comicbookguy

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

So does mine. I'm going to be in box office a lot this week, and I just know this is how a lot of conversations are going to go

"Hi can I get two adults, two child, and one child under 3 for Sausage Party?"

"for sure, but you do know that the film is rated 18+, so there may be some stuff in there that, you know..."

*dad turns to his kid "hear that buddy, it may be a bit too old for you." 

*kid gets upset "but I wanted to see it!"

*mom and dad look at each other "you know what, might as well, it can't be that bad"

Ten minutes later: same parents come storming out of the theatre "WHERE IS THE PERSON WHO SOLD ME THOSE TICKETS"

I come out into the lobby. "Is everything alright sir?"

"No! It is not alright! We were not warned by the content of this movie in any way, and we would like to see a manager about the incompetence of this theatre!"

Im just saying. Not word for word, but something similar happened when Deadpool opened. Never underestimate the stupidity of the public.

Oh boy...it's films like this one that make you appreciate the craft of Matt Stone and Trey Parker

This movie is exponentially worse than Deadpool in all ways possible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

So does mine. I'm going to be in box office a lot this week, and I just know this is how a lot of conversations are going to go

"for sure, but you do know that the film is rated 18+, so there may be some stuff in there that, you know..."

*mom and dad look at each other "you know what, might as well, it can't be that bad"

Ten minutes later: same parents come storming out of the theatre "WHERE IS THE PERSON WHO SOLD ME THOSE TICKETS"

"No! It is not alright! We were not warned by the content of this movie in any way, and we would like to see a manager about the incompetence of this theatre!"

Im just saying. Not word for word, but something similar happened when Deadpool opened. Never underestimate the stupidity of the public.

Bless your soul DAJK.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Make the parents sign a waiver expressing that you warned them. It's legally binding!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, comicbookguy said:

I don't know what is wrong with these people at Collider but saying over and over again how much a movie made you 'laugh' or what type of 'laughing' you did is not a review of a movie.  This review was more mindless than the actual movie.

Worst. Review. Ever

Really criticism for a standard, mainstream comedy movie can be simplified down to "it was funny" or "it just wasn't funny." Apart from the religious themes I don't think there's gonna be a lot of substantial talk for a movie called Sausage Party.

25 minutes ago, Gabriel Sales said:

The discussion is not about that...But yes, the film 'PLAYMOBIL' is much more 'acceptable' than 'Sausage Party'.

I'm tired of this "acceptable" bullshit in the industry, especially in animation. This isn't politics, this is filmmaking, and you can open the door to more opportunities without pushing the edge every so often.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

You have to be careful when you make a post about Sausage Party because someone can probably find a way to tug a joke out of it.

That's probably the point.

20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Really criticism for a standard, mainstream comedy movie can be simplified down to "it was funny" or "it just wasn't funny." Apart from the religious themes I don't think there's gonna be a lot of substantial talk for a movie called Sausage Party.

I'm tired of this "acceptable" bullshit in the industry, especially in animation. This isn't politics, this is filmmaking, and you can open the door to more opportunities without pushing the edge every so often.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gabriel Sales said:

I will not watch this garbage, even free. Whenever I watch an animation take my wife, and I'm sure this is not a film that she is interested in attending.

This is exactly the attitude I hate when discussing animation

Can't wait to see this Friday night

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

You're simplifying the film itself as though it didn't have a lot of topics that could be talked about. For a movie all about sex, rape, racism, homophobia, atheism etc, saying 'it was funny' is not enough.

Saying 'It was funny' is not a movie review.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sausage_party/

TOMATOMETER 

87%
  • Like 1