Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I still don't see why Avatar 2 would increase from Avatar when The Empire Strikes decreased substantially from Star Wars. (a very similar comparison, imo)

Its about OW, if A2 gets 70M-90M likely decreasing, but 130M+ looking at an increase.

• Like 1

Its about OW, if A2 gets 70M-90M likely decreasing, but 130M+ looking at an increase.

Empire Strikes back also didnt have James Cameron guys. He has been able to  completely suprise and push the envelope in every major epic(especially sequels and gets old and new crowds to the theater) So I agree with Neo and unless a storm again (Lol Avatar got folks coming into snow storms and coming back again till almost no drop the 2nd weekend. Imagine how Avatar I would have had if no snow storm(150+ OW in December perhaps). No way its dropping Neo.

I think its going for 800-900+M Domestic :) OS... It will murder everything 2.5-3+B!!!

I agree, especially since the selling point of Avatar was the whole 3D revolution. 

Wrongoo Clone the man...The selling point was its the Film Gods next greatest thing....Folks know James is the only director that never drops the balls and can blow our socks off.. Watch how it all happens again.

And again I remind you that Terminator 1 made 6 mil, Terminator 2 nearly 500m WW!! lol

Titanic 1.8Bil(Without 3d and over 1000% less theaters OS lol or 3D Costs), No film with 3d gimics etc can beat it

even HP2sequel failed.. Juggernuat 2009 comes along and blows Titan away by a billion

THere is nothing that James cant do.. And man will this place go insane if Juggernaut 2016 makes 3.5-4B+ WWW :)

Avatar 2 will gross below TDKR....

Lol if that happens I would bow to you and say your a king of the box office predictions, but as it thats wishful thinking and your predict will go where it can only go hating on James Cameron.

Oblivion.  The Juggernaut 2 will easily make 4 times and potentially 5 times more than TDKR WW LOL

stephen lang wtf? his character is

dead

:P Hah hah Habla.. Cameron says no one is truly dead in the world of Science fiction guy :)

" The world will Quake and you will once again stand in awe of Avatar's Pandora"  ----In James Cameron We trust

Can Avatar 2 be the world's first 4 billion dollar film???!!!

He did have an interview where he said, 

You think two arrows to the chest can really stop me?"

Lol, I suppose that's true!

No need to hide it. "You think two arrows to the chest can really stop me?" sounds badass, just like his character in the movie.

• Like 3

Hey Lilmac post and use spoiler option. Lets hear your ideas for Juggernaut 2016 :ph34r: :ph34r:

This is probably all BS but here's the copy and paste:

Ah, the beauty of having scripts spread out across L.A. Now that three different writing teams are crafting the arc, the situation presents more potential opportunities for prying eyes like mine to get my greedy mitts on the morsels of information.  Based on an "exec summary" of Avatar 2 (not written by Cameron), about 3 pages of actual script(!) somewhere in the middle of Avatar 3, and studio notes on an early draft of Avatar 4 (which is way behind): Quaritch's character will "live" on but not in a literal sense. He'll be akin to a spirit. The Tree of Souls/Tree of Voices are just the tip of the iceberg as far as the metaphysical aspects of this universe. Avatar 2/3/4 will be nothing like the first. It's significantly more cosmic/spiritual/religious. If you snored during the parts in Avatar concerning Ewya, you're going to hate this movie. Even with an exec summary, there was little in the way of plot.. mostly an exploration of the Pandora that is unseen but alluded to in the first film.

My knowledge is so disparate that it isn't enough to render a verdict on the plot other than that it's "different." Locale and a few characters remain the same but Avatar really was just a set up for this larger arc.As an aside - while the underwater realm will be explored it will not be a central setting for the trilogy. Also, no mention of scenes on Earth or anyone returning to Earth. The humans do come back, to rescue those "stranded" on Pandora but what happens next was missing from the Avatar 2 summary. Also, no Sigourney Weaver.