Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

10 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

You know when Cred part 2 comes out, experts are saying it will open with anywhere from 45-165 million.  WOW!  and can you imgine if that gets a 3.5-12.5 multiplier?  Wow if Kaledude could process that behind kicking.  One of the 50m facebook gerber meals gobblety gook, no idea what the fuck i am sayhing but just go with it, 25X 8 to 50 year olds, breath mints and silly puddy.  HolY!!! market research Lochness Montster!!

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Silly biu...dean on celly confirms it......will open to 165-325 and do amywhere from 1.8-4.5 billion domestic.....slaps biu in the head with a pandora flower.....feel the power of JC and his brilliant camera work.....and don't forget to say a prayer for Kin and Kanye, they were having some difficulty conceiving at Christmas, let's pray for a successful pregnancy...

I still understand this better than, errhhh, some posts on this thread :ph34r:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 75live said:

hmmm...this load is worth.....1/2 portion each

;) 

But last year they were worth...oh wait....1/2 portion each...okay, that's pretty good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

The 3D was the story.. The 3D overshadowed any resemblance of a story in that movie.. One person on another site said it best and Quote: "AVATAR was More of a Phenomenon to Experience Than A Movie" and that's true.. People came back for the Visuals and that's what sold this stupid movie, but thank God, STAR WARS knocked this down the way it should be...

Generalizing is never good.

3D was the story for some people.

If you say, "People came back for the Visuals and that's what sold [Avatar]" and take it as fact, then you would also have to accept equally inaccurate statements like "nostalgia is the sole things that sold The Force Awakens," "only comic book nerds watched The Avengers," "Titanic was a hit solely because of teenage girls," and "Age of Ultron didn'yt outgross The Avengers because people found it awful."  I am sure that for some people, all those scenarios are true, but none of them are incontestably true for all moviegoers, like you are trying to make it look like.

5 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Silly biu...dean on celly confirms it......will open to 165-325 and do amywhere from 1.8-4.5 billion domestic.....slaps biu in the head with a pandora flower.....feel the power of JC and his brilliant camera work.....and don't forget to say a prayer for Kin and Kanye, they were having some difficulty conceiving at Christmas, let's pray for a successful pregnancy...

Cons:

spelt pandora correctly

spelt brilliant correctly

actually wrote 'domestic' in full

didn't add 'for the ages' anywhere

spelt silly correctly

Pros:

mentioned random story which has nothing to do with topic

ranges are wide enough

mentioned the infamous dean

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

Generalizing is never good.

3D was the story for some people.

If you say, "People came back for the Visuals and that's what sold [Avatar]" and take it as fact, then you would also have to accept equally inaccurate statements like "nostalgia is the sole things that sold The Force Awakens," "only comic book nerds watched The Avengers," "Titanic was a hit solely because of teenage girls," and "Age of Ultron didn'yt outgross The Avengers because people found it awful."  I am sure that for some people, all those scenarios are true, but none of them are incontestably true for all moviegoers, like you are trying to make it look like.

Lol that's why haters like Jedis bkb , Darth and baumerfett loathe Cameron fans.  We always win in the end.  Haha jj Abrahams I love the guy but lets face it.  This sws is not better than rots and if not for 30 yrs of fans and Disney spending over 300 m on advertising that this is about the original guys this film would have made less than furious 7 we. 

James achievement of Pandora has no equal,  people come out for the quality of James Cameron's projects.  The proof sws can't beat Avatar where it matters and this kings of Kings had no fanbase of 30 yrs makes bkb and other statements laughable.  Jealously of my contacts in new york baumerfett still won't save you from paying me my 100.00?.  Have my PayPal ready thou Cameron envious Jedi.  

We will bury force awakens in almost everyway imaginable choco. And not with an only OK movie,  it will be because Cameron will give the world sequel worthy of terminator 2, worthy of aliens,  worthy of the greatest epic of all time...titanic 

Edited by Kalel009Shel
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Lol that's why haters like Jedis bkb , Darth and baumerfett loathe Cameron fans.  We always win in the end.  Haha jj Abrahams I love the guy but lets face it.  This sws isnot better than rots and if not for 30 yrs of fans and Disney spending over 300 my on advertising this about the original guys this film would have made less than furious 7 .

Pandora has no equal,  people come out for the quality of James Cameron's projects.  The proof sws can't beat Avatar where it matters and his had no based fanbase of 30 yrs makes bkb and other statements laughable.  Jealously of my contacts in new york baumerfett still won't save you from paying me my 100.00?

We will bury force awakens in almost everyway imaginable choco. And not with an only OK movie,  it will be because Cameron will give the world sequel worthy of terminator 2, worthy of the greatest epic of all time...titanic 

amen brotha

1 hour ago, Baumer Fett said:

Always laugh at how immature baumerfett gets and he's older than me.  All this energy and we will own him and be laughing him outta here when he has  to pay up.  Bottomline weak movies can't take down James Cameron masterpieces.  I'm pretty sure titanic is save as the Prince of the world as well. A guy who calls Friday the 13 a masterpiece can we expect him to know what quality and how to predict how big a film like son of a juggernaut will be.  

2017--Cameron doesn't feel remorse or pity.  He can't be argued, bargained or reasoned with.  Cameron's Avatar 2 is simply going to obliterate Star Wars force awakens.  That's what he does!!!  That's all he does!! 

And Cameron absolutely won't stop until these inflation powered, pretenders to the box office throne are terminated!

Edited by Kalel009Shel

7 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Lol that's why haters like Jedis bkb , Darth and baumerfett loathe Cameron fans.  We always win in the end.  Haha jj Abrahams I love the guy but lets face it.  This sws is not better than rots and if not for 30 yrs of fans and Disney spending over 300 m on advertising that this is about the original guys this film would have made less than furious 7 we. 

James achievement of Pandora has no equal,  people come out for the quality of James Cameron's projects.  The proof sws can't beat Avatar where it matters and this kings of Kings had no fanbase of 30 yrs makes bkb and other statements laughable.  Jealously of my contacts in new york baumerfett still won't save you from paying me my 100.00?.  Have my PayPal ready thou Cameron envious Jedi.  

We will bury force awakens in almost everyway imaginable choco. And not with an only OK movie,  it will be because Cameron will give the world sequel worthy of terminator 2, worthy of aliens,  worthy of the greatest epic of all time...titanic 

Did you actually just call Baumer a Cameron hater? :lol:

btw, Disney didn't spend 300m on advertising. In fact, they spent less than normal tentpoles.

11 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Happy New Year, Kal!

My friend , remember to save these immature trolls posts on force awakens  vs avatar 2. Fox will spend  less in advertising and still blow possibly both avengers 2 and sws  combined away at the box office..  We will celebrate if it reaches the 1.1b domestic milestone and over 3b ww GD buddy. 

7 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Did you actually just call Baumer a Cameron hater? :lol:

btw, Disney didn't spend 300m on advertising. In fact, they spent less than normal tentpoles.

Not true Do a search.  240 to 300m on advertising.  Including the biggest campaign ever in China and sk in a long long time. 

3 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

My friend , remember to save these immature trolls posts on force awakens  vs avatar 2. Fox will spend  less in advertising and still blow possibly both avengers 2 and sws  combined away at the box office..  We will celebrate if it reaches the 1.1b domestic milestone and over 3b ww GD buddy. 

If you think it would beat Star Wars, of course it would also beat Avengers 2. They aren't even close to each other, in regards to domestic gross. 

I'll ignore all the other wrong stuff you said 

http://www.wsj.com/articles/star-wars-carries-its-own-marketing-weight-for-disney-1449536686

This is where your hearing they spent less.  But Disney isn't revealing the true number tele. It's obvious they really went beyond normal tentpole spending os and especially in the Asian markets.  A member from China in this forum is saying they are bombarding the biggest os target trying to have a field day for once in China. Lol

So no one believes Disney spent less.  Well domestically maybe,  but abroad.. Hell no

2 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/star-wars-carries-its-own-marketing-weight-for-disney-1449536686

This is where your hearing they spent less.  But Disney isn't revealing the true number tele. It's obvious they really went beyond normal tentpole spending os and especially in the Asian markets.  A member from China in this forum is saying they are bombarding the biggest os target trying to have a field day for once in China. Lol

So no one believes Disney spent less.  Well domestically maybe,  but abroad.. Hell no

You can believe whatever you like, Kal. 

14 minutes ago, theultimatebiu said:

If you think it would beat Star Wars, of course it would also beat Avengers 2. They aren't even close to each other, in regards to domestic gross. 

I'll ignore all the other wrong stuff you said 

Grow up biuu.  When we say beat fa and ultron.  You got to be dense to think we mean domestically only. Force awakens and ultron will combine for maybe 3.1 to 3.2b or less.  Avatar 2 minimum is around 2.4b and highend which is likely will hit 3.5b to 4b ww.  Affectively it could double both your tentpoles.  That's one hell of ass stomping Jedi paddione. And you now it's likely the high end of this spectrum that's happening.  James Cameron is a god amongst mere mortal directors. 

Edited by Kalel009Shel

7 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

I've never seen a film as advertised in my life, I imagin they will have spent atleast 500mil in advertising WW.

I just plotted a scaled graph of Avatar domestic against LOTR:TFOTR and Avengers, showing that Avatar curve is more similar to LOTR's curve than Avengers Curve. In turn proving that Avatar 2 will make more than the first like LOTR:Two Towers rather than AoU.

LLYZfCF.jpg