Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 hours ago, lilmac said:

You're coming around. I think you believed Avatar 2 was coming out in 2017. Wish that were true but I doubt it..

Don't doubt Tele my friend.

Avatar 2 release date DECEMBER 2017 , so JAN 2018 for China.

• Like 1

Some numbers courtesy of the admin from China board. These are taken from the largest movie ticket website (Maoyan) in China and are usually a good indicator of hype among the GA. The numbers tend to pick up the closer you get to release date and represent the users who say they want to watch a film. The top 2 on the list are major local blockbusters coming out on Chinese New Year (each expected to do $200-300 million). KFP3 is the next most hyped, expected since it's coming out in 10 days and KFP2 was very well received in China. Avatar 2 being the next on the list is very surprising since it's not going to be released for at least another 2 years (assuming January 2018 release in China). It already has more hype than the biggest Hollywood films coming out in the next few months, and I can only imagine how much the numbers will grow as we get closer to release date.

Man from Macau III - 381k 2.08.2016

Mermaid - 347k 2.08.2016

Kung Fu Panda III - 283k 1.29.2016

X-Men: Apocalypse - 200k

Captain America: Civil War - 200k

Now You See Me 2 - 140k

Batman Vs Superman - 120k

Warcraft - 100k

• Like 3

HiAvatar II... Biggest sequel of all time game.... Who will be the most accurate? 

Kal 1.08b dom, 2.8b OS 

3.6bww, 190m ow

Jimbo... 225m ow, 1.1b dom, 2.1b os

3.2b ww

Darth Homer... 490m dom, 1.2b os

1.6b ww

Baumer 550m dom, 1.4b os

1.9b ww

Bkb 120m ow. 420m,  1b os

1.4bww

StrtrllDman7....350m dom, 1.1b os

1.3b ww

Cochofles..... 

Kayom 650m dom, 

1.7b os..

2.3b ww

KP1025.... A whopping 800m from China alone.   Need your domestic, and os predicts kp.

100 donation to forums pledged to loser of kal vs Jedi baumer 

If  Avatar II can't beat the force awakens by 901m overall ww... Baumer wins,  if like kal states and juggernaut ii roasts the force awakens by at least 901.1m .....The kal wins

Updated 12:14am. Jan 20th 2016

Edited by Kalel009Shel

13 hours ago, LinksterAC said:

People are really predicting $800M in China?

Seriously?

I don't mean to discount it as a possibility, because it certainly is, but holy cow folks!  Talk about predicting with your heart.

If you think that is a stretch you don't really know the Chinese Market that well.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Some numbers courtesy of the admin from China board. These are taken from the largest movie ticket website (Maoyan) in China and are usually a good indicator of hype among the GA. The numbers tend to pick up the closer you get to release date and represent the users who say they want to watch a film. The top 2 on the list are major local blockbusters coming out on Chinese New Year (each expected to do $200-300 million). KFP3 is the next most hyped, expected since it's coming out in 10 days and KFP2 was very well received in China. Avatar 2 being the next on the list is very surprising since it's not going to be released for at least another 2 years (assuming January 2018 release in China). It already has more hype than the biggest Hollywood films coming out in the next few months, and I can only imagine how much the numbers will grow as we get closer to release date.

Man from Macau III - 381k 2.08.2016

Mermaid - 347k 2.08.2016

Kung Fu Panda III - 283k 1.29.2016

X-Men: Apocalypse - 200k

Captain America: Civil War - 200k

Now You See Me 2 - 140k

Batman Vs Superman - 120k

Warcraft - 100k

That WarCraft number is way lower than I imagined, I need to adjust expectations for its performance in China:)

• Like 1

I'm hoping for a truly awesome 3D experience from this. I (unfortunately) was unable to see Avatar during its theatrical release. Though I've heard it was quite an amazing visual experience. 

That at being said, I'll see Avatar 2 for that reason only. Hopefully the story is good too... I enjoyed Avatar.

Every time I bring up the fact that Avatar is having sequels, people always respond with "REALLY? Why!?"  From those I've spoken to it's pretty unanimous that a sequel is completely unnecessary. Of course opinions may be different outside my relatively small sample group. 

13 hours ago, LinksterAC said:

People are really predicting $800M in China?

Seriously?

I don't mean to discount it as a possibility, because it certainly is, but holy cow folks!  Talk about predicting with your heart.

Lol kp tracks China's bo

I think he's the best one to know how big Avatar  is there. 

Maybe you missed the news of a major mountain named after the film.  Or a theme park going up in China.  It will do 600-800plus range easily. Lol. Please check pages on Kps post before posting. He posts from numbers not just a fan perspective.. 

• Like 1