Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

7 hours ago, Baumer said:

And Cameron's payday is ridiculous.  So he gets a billion dollars to make these three films regardless of how much they make?  That's insane.  I realize the chances of them merely making 3 billion dollars WW is slim to none, but if they were to disappoint and the interest in them was gone, Fox is going to be out a pile of money.

The earlier mentioned investment of previous profits means that they won't really be out anything. The cost of production is (mostly?) eliminated, and the structure is such that Cameron gets paid first, but even that's a sliding structure. The films would have to do ridiculously small (probably under 800m WW each) for Fox to lose money here.

6 hours ago, Baumer said:

I realize that these kinds of numbers are way beyond my comprehension as I have no idea what it means to have a billion dollars.  But Fox must be pretty damn sure they are going to make a pile of money from this if they are willing to gamble on giving JC about 1.5 billion in salary.

They'd have to pull in about 3b WW each for Cameron to get that much. (10% of 1b and 20% of 2b.) I suppose that's possible, but it'll probably depend on China. It always does, though.

• Like 4

How legit is "My Entertainment World"?

Don't know, but I do trust Comingsoon.net

5 minutes ago, Elessar said:

How legit is "My Entertainment World"?

Despite the goofy title, it's a resource for auditions and crew employment, so it's probably more reliable than ComingSoon or any other fan-based site. (Of course, it's just getting info given to them by various production companies or agencies, so details could and probably do change quite often).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pepsa said:

So far none of my friends even know that their will be an Avatar II, only those who i have telled, and they were like: Wtf Why? (They thinks it's just to milk money

)

It's interesting that reports like this are almost exclusively coming from people that share the sentiment. I wonder why...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Despite the goofy title, it's a resource for auditions and crew employment, so it's probably more reliable than ComingSoon or any other fan-based site. (Of course, it's just getting info given to them by various production companies or agencies, so details could and probably do change quite often).

Thanks for the info. Hopefully this is it. I want my Cameron fix!

26 minutes ago, Elessar said:

It's interesting that reports like this are almost exclusively coming from people that share the sentiment. I wonder why...

If you want I can get them in a skyp call and you can get it confirmed from them?

If you think i am lying you are wrong.