Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

i m not always with ironjimbo or kal for the crazy predictions for avatar 2 3 etc... :D

But even if the "second" of a very very succeful movie is always under the first it's james cameron who direct^^ and JC is not just a filmmaker. If you ask me it's not even his favorite thing in this world. His fav thing is the ocean deep exploration and invention of technology. Filmaking is just a direct following of his invention.

He does not do a film fo doing a film cause it's good let's make some money.... And it's not interested by money otherwise Avatar 2 would be out like 5 years ago.

No JC just want to AMAZE use times thousand more than Avatar 1. Cause you know JC is a perfectionist. You may yhink Avatar 1 was wahhhhhh the best CGI ever etc.... not him. He wants the BEST with the BEST team.  Who's team is behind Jurassik park Special effect? JC's T2.

You may no like his movies but you have to admit he is the best for the innovation of special effect and how to entertain the mass.

That's why i think Avatar 2 will be a massive massive hit cause it's JC.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bonenash said:

i m not always with ironjimbo or kal for the crazy predictions for avatar 2 3 etc... :D

But even if the "second" of a very very succeful movie is always under the first it's james cameron who direct^^ and JC is not just a filmmaker. If you ask me it's not even his favorite thing in this world. His fav thing is the ocean deep exploration and invention of technology. Filmaking is just a direct following of his invention.

He does not do a film fo doing a film cause it's good let's make some money.... And it's not interested by money otherwise Avatar 2 would be out like 5 years ago.

No JC just want to AMAZE use times thousand more than Avatar 1. Cause you know JC is a perfectionist. You may yhink Avatar 1 was wahhhhhh the best CGI ever etc.... not him. He wants the BEST with the BEST team.  Who's team is behind Jurassik park Special effect? JC's T2.

You may no like his movies but you have to admit he is the best for the innovation of special effect and how to entertain the mass.

That's why i think Avatar 2 will be a massive massive hit cause it's JC.

It sounds like you're very with me though brother. He was able to go to the deepest point in the ocean and be the first person to see the sea bed, because of the money he made on Avatar. Who knows maybe he is planning to go to MARS with the $2B he personally makes from the 4 sequels.

Also Avatar 2 will make minimum $3.5B WW, I ran some very precise calculations.

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It sounds like you're very with me though brother. He was able to go to the deepest point in the ocean and be the first person to see the sea bed, because of the money he made on Avatar. Who knows maybe he is planning to go to MARS with the $2B he personally makes from the 4 sequels.

Also Avatar 2 will make minimum $3.5B WW, I ran some very precise calculations.

I love what Bonenash said earlier about JC not even being a filmmaker. He's an explorer and inventor of technology, and his films are a product of that. Cameron is a genius I'll tell ya that. 

May I ask about the calculations? I haven't spent a whole lot of time looking at all the territories but I could see an increase OS compensating for a decrease domestically, resulting in a WW total even with the first one. But honestly my range is anywhere from 1.5-2.8B. This is gonna be one of the hardest to predict movies in a while.

12 hours ago, DAJK said:

I love what Bonenash said earlier about JC not even being a filmmaker. He's an explorer and inventor of technology, and his films are a product of that. Cameron is a genius I'll tell ya that. 

May I ask about the calculations? I haven't spent a whole lot of time looking at all the territories but I could see an increase OS compensating for a decrease domestically, resulting in a WW total even with the first one. But honestly my range is anywhere from 1.5-2.8B. This is gonna be one of the hardest to predict movies in a while.

People will start predicting 400-500M DOM for this... then the first teaser will hit and people will grudgingly up their predict to 450-550M, then the first trailer will hit and some people will remember how they felt when they first saw Avatar in 3D and will up their predicts to 500-600M...then the second trailer will be released alongside the full marketing campaign and people will once again up their predict to 600-700M...then sellouts report will start popping alongside reviews and they will finally give in and up their predicts to 750-900M.  Kal will come to this thread and predict 400M OW and 2,1B DOM and we will have a great time. 

Bookmark this and be amazed when this all unfolds two years from now. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Actually, I'm expecting the first teaser to be underwhelming and having to constantly remind everyone of how disappointing the teaser for the original was

Maybe it's cause I was ten years old, but none of the first films marketing had any affect on me. I actually remember the night we went to go see it, I wanted to see Did You Hear About the Morgans and was all upset that my parents wanted to see Avatar :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tribefan695 said:

Actually, I'm expecting the first teaser to be underwhelming and having to constantly remind everyone of how disappointing the teaser for the original was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PSNL1qE6VY

Only until the first trailer comes out, 2m50s to 3m20s has uncontrolable levels of hype.

On 5/2/2016 at 10:14 AM, langer said:

People will start predicting 400-500M DOM for this... then the first teaser will hit and people will grudgingly up their predict to 450-550M, then the first trailer will hit and some people will remember how they felt when they first saw Avatar in 3D and will up their predicts to 500-600M...then the second trailer will be released alongside the full marketing campaign and people will once again up their predict to 600-700M...then sellouts report will start popping alongside reviews and they will finally give in and up their predicts to 750-900M.  Kal will come to this thread and predict 400M OW and 2,1B DOM and we will have a great time. 

Bookmark this and be amazed when this all unfolds two years from now. 

Lol last time the lot of you hated on an avatar film vs kal.. You lost bitterly and guess what.. Avatar and Titanic still dominate the Bo.. Lol feels like dev ja vu to me..

People like Langer never learn all.

On 5/2/2016 at 0:08 PM, IronJimbo said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PSNL1qE6VY

Only until the first trailer comes out, 2m50s to 3m20s has uncontrolable levels of hype.

Avatars fb page was made in 2009 and has over 50 m people. I think as long as no major disasters, we will beat the domestic record potentially by a 100-150m or more. And beat avatar by 900m. Fa by nearly 2 billion over all..  Lol james needs to add a jaw dropping third entry to the numero uno all-time domestic and OS title. We will not be denied. Wow over 120 fps with James Cameron!! Geeze

On 4/27/2016 at 6:38 PM, Telemachos said:

Uh, none of that is true. Cameron lives in Malibu with his wife and kids. She runs an eco-friendly, sustainable K-12 private school in Calabasas.

Cameron actually hangs his hat in wairurapa new Zealand,  and another place I forgot.  So you are wrong there tele. The man is not just in malibu CA.

Wow his networth has shot to 1.79 billion. Holy shiznick!

Update he now also has a huge residence and sustainable agricultural business in BC Canada. The world's greatest living director gets around.:jeb!:

Edited by Kalel009Shel
  • Like 1

You are seriously delusional. Avatar was a one hit wonder driven by its innovative use of 3D technology. The 2nd film will make a lot of money, but no where NEAR the amount it made domestically, or in Europe. China/Developing markets will be huge, but that isn't enough to offset the incredible fall this will have in the vast majority of territories worldwide. For being the biggest film ever, Avatar is actually pretty forgettable. The vast majority don't give a shit about it anymore. What was it's main theme song again? Lol. Titanic has a lasting legacy, Avatar does not.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1