Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

6 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I hope the 4 Avatar sequels make as much as the MCU combined, to date. It's all Disney now anyway. Idk why the need for all this "one over the other" nonsense. The Mouse is the King of the World, now ;) 

5 billion each? Good luck with that

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

5 billion each? Good luck with that

Keyword: Hope

I don't think it's going to happen, but as a box office tracker and a general fan of the original (though not nearly like some people....), why wouldn't I want to see epic numbers. 

On 4/28/2019 at 6:29 AM, IronJimbo said:

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a27261568/vin-diesel-avatar-sequel-role/

my guess he's signed a contract for 4 &or 5 and was just visiting.5

Lol Iron Jimbo,  everyone wants to be part of a movie thats almost a lock for the biggest run till the next avatar and is sure to land some golden globes and some oscars and. Many global film awards to boot.

Hmm did Michelle Rodriguez help give Vin the.hookup for an  Avatar role??😉😉

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I have a feeling this could be delayed again. JC wont release it until he is ready.

JC is waiting until inflation is sufficient enough to challenge the original :Venom:

Nah but seriously the level of commitment Cameron has shown to these next 4 films is very admirable. Would love to watch a day in that writers room having everyone plan out the story for all the sequels.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

I hope the 4 Avatar sequels make as much as the MCU combined, to date. It's all Disney now anyway. Idk why the need for all this "one over the other" nonsense. The Mouse is the King of the World, now ;) 

Jim owns 60% of Avatar tho.

13 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

JC is waiting until inflation is sufficient enough to challenge the original :Venom:

Nah but seriously the level of commitment Cameron has shown to these next 4 films is very admirable. Would love to watch a day in that writers room having everyone plan out the story for all the sequels.

Joking aide, I do think Dec 18, 2020 is the perfect release date, its almost as if it is pre-planned.

Market expansion and inflation has grown to the point that you don't need to be as much of a phenomenon as Avatar to out-gross it. The Dec date arrangement resembles TFA back in 2015, and many said it's one of the best schedule possible, China is opening up to Hollywood more and more to the point that a simultaneous release is now possible (it could be getting a "Aquaman" kind of treatment, but much much bigger). Disney is temporarily done with Star Wars main series, and it's biggest live actions remake would have been done; MCU just peaked the year before, it'll take a while to peak again.

Due to these factors, 2020 is now quite empty, for the first time in years, no true juggernaut franchise is releasing anything of great importance!

It seems like everything is paving way to Avatar 2.:jeb!:

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Avatar in 2009 with 2019 foreign market growth and global inflation makes more than 2019 endgame with 2009 ER

I mean Avatar probably missed out on well over a billie from China

Good luck with that desire

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Joking aide, I do think Dec 18, 2020 is the perfect release date, its almost as if it is pre-planned.

Market expansion and inflation has grown to the point that you don't need to be as much of a phenomenon as Avatar to out-gross it. The Dec date arrangement resembles TFA back in 2015, and many said it's one of the best schedule possible, China is opening up to Hollywood more and more to the point that a simultaneous release is now possible (it could be getting a "Aquaman" kind of treatment, but much much bigger). Disney is temporarily done with Star Wars main series, and it's biggest live actions remake would have been done; MCU just peaked the year before, it'll take a while to peak again.

Due to these factors, 2020 is now quite empty, for the first in years, no true juggernaut franchise is releasing anything of great importance!

I agree. This is as perfect a release date as possible for Avatar 2. It also helps that any notable competition in December 2020 has been pushed back to 2021. The schedule can still change of course, but so far the holiday season next year only has Avatar 2 and Croods 2. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NCsoft said:

Most people don't realize that when Avatar grossed 2.78B, there were a total of 4 films that grossed 1B, most people don't realize that in the year 2009, no one film apart from Avatar grossed 1B. Most people are not aware that developing markets such as China increased by 10 times, and it's not the only market going through significant expansion.

However, despite know this Kal, I am still in awe at the wide spread mental exercise that 2.8B in 2019 is equally as impressive as 2.787B in 2009 globally, I mean, does market cap not speak for itself?

For some its not worth it to have discussion with Nc. After awhile lets make our facts based on numbers and then ignore folks trolling.

Take for instance that most logical poster claiming lightning dont strike twice. Lmao lets see. The increase of Terminator to Terminator 2, From Titanic to Avatar.( James has back to back most successful films in history..lol

The only director to do that along with the critical acclaim to go along with the bo and everything else.

Seems they dont even bother to check anything now  and just post Pandorians. Their wake up call is just beginning with their 2nd weekend predicts. I predicted 151m for E.g.👍)

Smiles at the logic of those 190-230m 2nd ow predicts of those E.g. fans. Lol

Catching Avatar with 300-600 % theater market increases but hmm seems like their film may still fail to surpass our 2009 Mega juggernaut😉

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Take for instance that most logical poster claiming lightning dont strike twice. Lmao lets see. The increase of Terminator to Terminator 2, From Titanic to Avatar.( James has back to back most successful films in history..lol

The only director to do that along with the critical acclaim to go along with the bo and everything else.

Yeah, some people think Titanic is the start of Cameron's box office success. True Lies was the highest grossing film ever in China when it was released, and Terminator 2 is the highest grossing film worldwide in 1991. Most directors would love to have just those, it would already be a huge accomplishment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I agree. This is as perfect a release date as possible for Avatar 2. It also helps that any notable competition in December 2020 has been pushed back to 2021. The schedule can still change of course, but so far the holiday season next year only has Avatar 2 and Croods 2. 

Yeah, so if Avatar 2 doesn't do well, you won't hear me complaining about inflation, market expansion, exchange rate etc..... The stage is set for it to do well, but the most important thing is still the quality of the film (which I think will be great).

Croods 2. :lol: , for what it's worth, I enjoyed the first one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Due to these factors, 2020 is now quite empty, for the first time in years, no true juggernaut franchise is releasing anything of great importance!

Really no film could go against a mega JC project with his last films being Titanic and Avatar. They are running scared. Our highend predicts of 1b plus domestic and 3.1-3.6 b os predicts or better look better and better everyday Ncsoft.💪

• Haha 1

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Really no film could go against a mega JC project with his last films being Titanic and Avatar. They are running scared. Our highend predicts of 1b plus domestic and 3.1-3.6 b os predicts or better look better and better everyday Ncsoft.💪

That's crazy, Kal, save that for Avatar 5:insane:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I am disappointed kal's highend did not even hit 5B WW. :whosad: