Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Its pretty funny that after a $350mil US opening, and 1.2bil worldwide opening, Endgame is barely going to beat AVATAR domestic and worldwide.

Its hurting people so much already in the weekend threads, even TFA is getting attacked for being an 'awful' film.

Fanboy tears, so sweet.:shades:

Edited by stuart360
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, NCsoft said:

That would take Endgame all the way to 2.87B to 2.9B, looks difficult as of right now.

Don't be surprised if it beat Avatar by just 1%, if even, if its trajectory doesn't stabilize, it does look like it will just squeak by Avatar by a very narrow margin, I'd rather see the record be broken by a significantly amount or not at all.

Chance of not passing Avatar may exist now, thinking of holding a personal curse session against EG. :ph34r:

Lol Ncsoft. Guess which film is also doing horrible in Japan, while our sequel they're building Dolby digital tech in both Japan and China to accommodate the insanity of the Avatar sequels.

The curse of E.g. fanboys like sws FA is happening. E.g may fail to beat Avatar now and Godzilla 2 is coming for them faltering legs too NC

Soft😉😉. Put your mind for Avatar to stay supreme amongst the behemoths as it deserves to.👍👍

Lets go also for that Avatar r-release Disney. It can be what your Sws wasn't. Let Jc and his co pilot Mr. Landau lead the way.

--Theres a James Cameron mega BO event and then there is everyone else.😎

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

Iron Jim, you sly rascal, re-release Avatar in HDR next year to squeeze past Endgame, reclaim the crown in time to drum up Avatar 2 publicity the following year.

:Gaga:

Oh my for our Jc jealous anti-avatar rangers. Get the. 3 tons of tissue paper ready

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

It's looking as though Endgame will only beat Avatar by 3-4%.

1 little re-release would put the lights out for Endgame.

I'm not optimistic though, Disney might just block it the pricks.

All is possible Jimbo Warrior.. Disney likes bragging rights they are partnered up with the most incredible director of all time and part of supreme change in epic cinema making and box office only those who walk in the footsteps of the absolute king that is Titanic. Then there's Avatar and Sws 1977, Jurassic Park 1993 can attain that strength of the ages and box office.might

Gotta give Disneys marvel brand some serious props for how its rose from the world of the books to taking over all the franchises. Must be a 100billion brand and it only took 11 yrs( helped by of course 70 years of fandom)

Edited by Sheldon Cr

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

FOUND IT!!!!!!

@Pure Spirit

@NCsoft

@JamesCameronScholar

@dashrendar44

@Sheldon Cr

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/james-cameron-titanic-20th-anniversary-avatar-terminator-fox-studios-sale

When Titanic hits theaters again in December, will you go see it?

Yeah, I want to see it in its entirety. I want to bring family and friends to see it in HDR. . . . Seeing a film that everybody knows, but seeing it in HDR in 3-D with proper light levels on a Dolby Vision laser projector—it’s really a glimpse of the future. . . . We had the whole film remastered in HDR, and it’s stunning. It’s beyond 70 millimeter, it’s beyond any format that you’ve seen before. What we’re trying to do is get Paramount and Fox to support the rollout of the Dolby Vision cinema project. It occurred to me, hey, we’ve got a movie that’s an evergreen that people love, why don’t we slam it into theaters and let people see it, not in a way it should be seen, but a way far beyond what any movie looks like right now, other than some new films are being authored in HDR? Obviously the [new] Avatar films will be [in Dolby Vision] as well, and in fact, we’re also going to do a conversion of Avatar to HDR. We’ll re-release that at some point down the line; I want to try to help this rollout of the Dolby cinemas, because I think it’s fantastic what they’re doing.

Would be crazy if this re-release added 800mil to 1billion plus to avatars overall gross. Wowsers

Imagine that😨😨!!

• Haha 1

Here are some of the early predicts so far. Everyone please help me update👍

Kal...1.12b dom, 3.4b OS

4.5b ww

Ncsoft... 3.7Bww

Jimbo...1.1B dom , 

3.5b OS, 4.6B ww

Keysersoze123

600 Domestic /1.2B OS -C / 700M C - 2.5B WW

Pure spirit

low-end:

550M DOM

$2B OS - China

$600M China

$3.15B total, assuming significant drop off from the first after accounting for inflation plus foreign market growth

(Nice one Pure Spirit I hope

we reach your highend predict or far more fellow Pandorian)

Pure Spirits High-end :

$1B DOM

$3B OS - China

$1.1B China

$5.1B total

1 hour ago, stuart360 said:

Its pretty funny that after a $350mil US opening, and 1.2bil worldwide opening, Endgame is barely going to beat AVATAR domestic and worldwide.

Its hurting people so much already in the weekend threads, even TFA is getting attacked for being an 'awful' film.

Fanboy tears, so sweet.:shades:

So, beating Avatar domestic by 75-100M is barely? LOL

• Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, doublejack said:

So, beating Avatar domestic by 75-100M is barely? LOL

Yes it is considering the prices now and the 25-35% domestic screen increase.. Come on now , a little logic please. And it wont be 70-100 mil past Avatars 877m adjusted double jack. 😉 Wrong again!! Considering how much bigger Avatar was domestically, if we factor in the screens of E.g. today.

Eg would have to have  made at least 1.1 billion to be compared to Avatar on the domestic front. Ill embarrasssing considering the incredible 357m ow that its looking at  770-850 plus m domestic😛😛 vs 2009's Avatars incredible 760m domestic back then. Avatar 2 will make an astounding 200-300m domestic OW but will have 5.3x-7x multiplier in comparison.

If we open with 200-270 4.8-5x plus multi.

If 270m to 320 m plus OW a still Incredible 3.4-v4x plus multi!

Take that to the bank!!

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Yes it is considering the prices now and the 25-35% domestic screen increase.. Come on now , a little logic please. And it wont be 70-100 mil past Avatars 877m adjusted double jack. 😉 Wrong again!!

doubleWRONG you could say

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Probably more like 50mil, which is nothing after a 350mil OW. And after people thought it had a great chance of beating TFA.

no no that can't be

I was told that 850m was the floor!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

no no that can't be

I was told that 850m was the floor!

Lol..I'm still remembering the FA is done and 1billion plus domestic locks statements on here and on the web 😂

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, doublejack said:

Huh?

Arnold was already well on his way to being an action star prior to working with Jim Cameron. He'd done two Conan movies, and I think Predator did more for his career than Terminator did. It is at least debatable.

Also, Bill Paxton was never a mega star. Twister was his zenith.

Bill was on the A list of stars btw. And for many he was a mega star in terms of performances.( also being a star in twister, True Lies, The unbreakable Titanic, aliens...I think his bo clout was no joke either😉)

Honestly, if a movie is going to have a 1.2B DOM and 4.5B WW run, I frankly don't care what movie it is. Could be the Dora movie for all I care, I just want to witness a box office run like that. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Yes it is considering the prices now and the 25-35% domestic screen increase.. Come on now , a little logic please. And it wont be 70-100 mil past Avatars 877m adjusted double jack. 😉 Wrong again!! Considering how much bigger Avatar was domestically, if we factor in the screens of E.g. today.

I didn't think about this too much, but you're right, it doesn't seem like Endgame can reach Avatar adjusted domestically. Which is a twist that I personally did not see coming, after that opening weekend.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

Screen count in 2009 was 39233 and now it's 40837.

That's barely 4%. 

http://www.natoonline.org/data/us-movie-screens/

Avatars was 3400 if not less. E.g. in 4600. And rem they squeezed in the more screens per theater for Eg and played it 24hrs/day lol. Avatar or titanic got none of that. And they were so much bigger across the board. It shows much when  they also didnt have that kind of disgraceful multiplier😉

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I didn't think about this too much, but you're right, it doesn't seem like Endgame can reach Avatar adjusted domestically. Which is a twist that I personally did not see coming, after that opening weekend.

Heh, hence the tons of tissue papers we're ordering for the naysayers that jumped the gun too soon on those FA and blowing away Avatar away bigtime statements. Lol😢😢

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Haha 1