Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

At this stage, if EG didn't beat A, I'd honestly be a little disappointed. Chinese expansion and inflation alone should be enough to dethrone A after 10 years, never mind the finale of 20+ films!

Jim having some competition can only make him work harder and produce a better final result. It's a win-win.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

At this stage, if EG didn't beat A, I'd honestly be a little disappointed. Chinese expansion and inflation alone should be enough to dethrone A after 10 years, never mind the finale of 20+ films!

Jim having some competition can only make him work harder and produce a better final result. It's a win-win.  

It's ok Disney will artifically push it over Avatar.

Embrassing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I have mixed feelings about this, on one hand, I would genuinely feel sorry for MCU fans that after all the conviction regarding Avatar is toast (dead in a ditch), and the 3B train, the social media drama and the smearing of Jim, that it doesn't end up passing Avatar! leaving the 2010's the only recent decade without a new worldwide crown. 

On the other hand, I really want Avatar 2 to use the angle of "Sequel to the highest grossing film of all time" for promotion, and honestly I think Disney knows that is more important for Avatar 2 than MCU, which basically promotes itself at this point. Of course Jim is known to subvert expectations, and Avatar 2 will do well regardless, but I just thought it would be nice, for once, for Jim to not be in a complete underdog position. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Lol...Theyre praying it beats Avatar ww indeed Jimbo.😂

That thread is hilarious, what happened to 3B train being a certainty and Avatar was not even a target anymore?:hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I have mixed feelings about this, on one hand, I would genuinely feel sorry for MCU fans that after all the conviction regarding Avatar is toast (dead in a ditch), and the 3B train, the social media drama and the smearing of Jim, that it doesn't end up passing Avatar! leaving the 2010's the only recent decade without a new worldwide crown. 

On the other hand, I really want Avatar 2 to use the angle of "Sequel to the highest grossing film of all time" for promotion, and honestly I think Disney knows that is more important for Avatar 2 than MCU, which basically promotes itself at this point. Of course Jim is known to subvert expectations, and Avatar 2 will do well regardless, but I just thought it would be nice, for once, for Jim to not be in a complete underdog position. 

Problem is that they don't get the same percentage from Avatar as they do from MCU and Star Wars. It's in their interest to promote IP's they own.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darth Homer said:

Uh, I have no bias against TFA or Avatar, mate. Just pointing out Cameron congratulated one film but not the other.

Endgame passed Titanic WW, TFA didn't. Unless you think Cameron thinks Endgame is a better film than TFA, which I doubt (I mean he has eyes and ears, right?).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Yikes so much crying about the WW crown. Lots of tears expected in this thread next month. You'll keep the OS crown and inflation adjusted except that belongs to Gone with the wind anyways. Torches everything.

"Gone with the Wind exists therefore Titanic/Avatar are just as irrelevant when it comes to modern box office records! I'm totally not just salty at all, I mean com'on we have Netflix in 2019, $3B was never on the table... no no don't open up those old threads!"

I see a lot of crying but it ain't from the Jim Gang. 😎

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Yikes so much crying about the WW crown. Lots of tears expected in this thread next month. You'll keep the OS crown and inflation adjusted except that belongs to Gone with the wind anyways. Torches everything.

It would require one large re-release and A to do Titanic numbers in China for it to surpass GwtW. Hardly a challenge given pop increase. 

4 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

You can do it Endgame! 😎

The person that made that realises that Quaritch dies right? 

38 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

The person that made that realises that Quaritch dies right? 

It was me so I hope so 😄. Someone in the weekend thread said Cameron should post Ney’tiri getting dusted when Endgame passes Avatar, I suggested concept art where Quaritch wins in Avatar would be more apt if you get my drift.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

It was me so I hope so 😄. Someone in the weekend thread said Cameron should post Ney’tiri getting dusted when Endgame passes Avatar, I suggested concept art where Quaritch wins in Avatar would be more apt if you get my drift.

if Endgame fails I'll try my hand at some memes

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Bodies And Words said:

Imagine making an account after lurking for 5 years. There are a lot of Jimbros out there.

Imagine being welcomed with opened arms in the Jimgang

We must be strong for brilliance breeds jealousy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Imagine being welcomed with opened arms in the Jimgang

We must be strong for brilliance breeds jealousy.

Yep when our predicts for a 2 come through, watch how naysayers mindmelting begins..lol😂