Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 hours ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

I would say yes. Exchange rates are about as bad as they have ever been. It was technically a little worse a few months ago but A2 will probably have the worst ER of any major release. Without doing a deep dive into the numbers, I'd estimate that $1200M OS-C today is probably close to $1700 OS-C when Avatar came out. 

As for China, we all know what the populace is dealing with there and while I don't think A2 was ever going to make $800M or anything like that, it would probably make in the $500-600M range if everything was normal vs the $125-150M it's going to make.

Actually  some of the asian predictors said it would have made up to a billion there had it been released under better circumstances. Remember they name areas and mountains after Avatar in China. 
So as long as the President there allowed it, it would have dwarfed Endgame. Hopefully Avatar 3 is released in better circumstances and we get to see what this brand does in  that market :)

30 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I think legs will be through the Roof..  The excitement at our 2D showing alone was the things you want to see for repeat business.

WOW India IS HUGEE....  I think we are going over 2Billion.. Send that energy to all the Markets my Pandorians.... We are a force to Reckon with!

" LETS GET IT DONE!"

" Where Ever We Go!"  " THIS FAMILY IS OUR FORTRESS!" 

-Let  Avatar 2 Way of the Water -----World and Domestic Domination BEgin!!

Zoe Saldana Fight GIF by Avatar

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, XXR 5x OW or Bust said:

Max 445M once all actuals are in but likely 441-442M. Definitely not getting any closer than that. 

Watching James Cameron GIF by RegalXXR 5 Im going to give you the bear hug lol. YOu must believe my brother lol

450-455. Heh heh  

I think they are still gathering numbers why you think its only stopping at 442? Time will tell I guess

Polls saying everyone keeps going back to the premiums. Should be huge multipler coming for the OS gross

PS I hope your 5X in your name is your way of Quietly Rooting For the Way of the Water :).

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

11 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

PLF sales are good, it's just the rest that are average (or below average). 

Could make an argument that PLF portion will leg out exceptionally well (>5x), but the non-PLF will behave more like a traditional blockbuster release (~3.5x) 

Also, haven’t wandered into this thread since before Thursday … how’s everyone doing?

5 minutes ago, M37 said:

Could make an argument that PLF portion will leg out exceptionally well (>5x), but the non-PLF will behave more like a traditional blockbuster release (~3.5x) 

Also, haven’t wandered into this thread since before Thursday … how’s everyone doing?

not sure why but im feeling optimistic

when you seeing the movie?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M37 said:

How are you MR37.. Blessings.. Avatar News Starts to Pickup.. Biggest Opening of the Pandemic Era in India and other Territorries. The funny thing is A2 could outpace Avatar as its in more theaters than the first.

Just needs to keep audiences coming in for 3D and regular tickets. 

Im feeling that 5.5X or better off that 440-450+ WW OW :)

Looks as if two billion is out of reach for A2, probably end up somehwere  between a billioan and a billison and a half.

The fanboys can go see it as many times as they like, but they are not going to get it  where a lot of them though it would be.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

not sure why but im feeling optimistic

when you seeing the movie?

Probably ... not going to? I mean, never did get around to watching the original

Come At Me Bring It GIF by Game of Thrones

No interest in bashing the film or anyone else's enjoyment of it, just got turned off to it from the experience of working during the original run, and by the time that bitterness faded I was just ... indifferent

4 minutes ago, M37 said:

Probably ... not going to? I mean, never did get around to watching the original

Come At Me Bring It GIF by Game of Thrones

No interest in bashing the film or anyone else's enjoyment of it, just got turned off to it from the experience of working during the original run, and by the time that bitterness faded I was just ... indifferent

explains your low legs predictions

16 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Looks as if two billion is out of reach for A2, probably end up somehwere  between a billioan and a billison and a half.

The fanboys can go see it as many times as they like, but they are not going to get it  where a lot of them though it would be.

not so fast there

• Like 1

There's a video on youtube with 270,000 views, 50,000 likes celebrating because the guy claims Cameron said TWOW needed to make $2 billion opening weekend, and saying because of the low OW it's "an actual fact" that Disney is going to release a 9-hour TWOW's director's cut. 🤣 I wouldn't even mention this except it has an insane amount of views and very positive reception, it's really emblematic of how easy it is to spread total lies that aren't even internally coherent with whatever fictional world these people are living in. I guess the reality of Avatar's success is so painful they try to escape however they can.

• Like 1