Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

48 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

The film is good but the story Is not really worth 3.25 hours especially as this is setting up part 3.

Well its 3:10 for a start, and dont forget this is half a film as the orig scropt for A2 was split into 2 by cameron, so A2 and A3 are from one script.

I do think they should of made this more obvious in the promotion to be fair.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Well its 3:10 for a start, and dont forget this is half a film as the orig scropt for A2 was split into 2 by cameron, so A2 and A3 are from one script.

I do think they should have made this more obvious in the promotion to be fair.

A2 felt like it’s own film so I don’t really see why they should have made the split obvious in the marketing. It might have been originally written as one film, but when they split it, they reworked both films to stand alone. It set up plot points for future instalments, just as any sequel with franchise ambitions does, but A2 didn’t feel like half a film or like it’d been split. It’s not like Deathly Hallows Part 1 or Mockingjay Part 1 where it’s clearly one story split in two.

2 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

A2 felt like it’s own film so I don’t really see why they should have made the split obvious in the marketing. It might have been originally written as one film, but when they split it, they reworked both films to stand alone. It set up plot points for future instalments, just as any sequel with franchise ambitions does, but A2 didn’t feel like half a film or like it’d been split. It’s not like Deathly Hallows Part 1 or Mockingjay Part 1 where it’s clearly one story split in two.

What i mean i have seen people mention 'what happened to that character?, he just dissapeared', or 'that characters story arc never finished, its weird', etc.

Its obvious that these will probably be tied up in A3 with it being from one script.

Just now, stuart360 said:

What i mean i have seen people mention 'what happened to that character?, he just dissapeared', or 'that characters story arc never finished, its weird', etc.

Its obvious that these will probably be tied up in A3 with it being from one script.

True but you could say that about a lot of sequels. I think most people who watched A2 will be expecting there to be a part 3, especially with the way it ends in regards to the primary antagonist. It’s more like Empire Strikes Back in that regard rather than actually feeling like one story that got split into two.

1 minute ago, XXR Krampus Claus said:

Indeed it is. 

I know you didnt personaly say it XXR but i'm sure you noticed quite a few people on here mention how the film isnt showing any signs of good wom or long legs, over the past few days (which was complete bull when you compare the gains and drops compared to all the other films in the top 20 the past few days).

Are you starting to get some of that Eywa faith back XXR?😇

5 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I know you didnt personaly say it XXR but i'm sure you noticed quite a few people on here mention how the film isnt showing any signs of good wom or long legs, over the past few days (which was complete bull when you compare the gains and drops compared to all the other films in the top 20 the past few days).

Are you starting to get some of that Eywa faith back XXR?😇

Depends on what you mean by "get some faith back" lol. I've had this right around $1.85-1.9B WW for the past week and I've seen nothing so far to suggest it's going to be markedly over that. If I was making a bet as of right now, I'd put my number at $1.95B

• Haha 1

You can toss the weekend #2 % decline into the dumpster when it comes to the Domestic gross due to extremely poor weather, major Canadian markets (Southern Ontario & Quebec) basically shutdown, same with most the Eastern US. Long range forecast in my area is a significant increase in temps starting Wed. Rain instead of snow starting Thursday with temps close to +10°C. I would not be surprised to see weekend #3 as a PLUS over #2. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

You can toss the weekend #2 % decline into the dumpster when it comes to the Domestic gross due to extremely poor weather, major Canadian markets (Southern Ontario & Quebec) basically shutdown, same with most the Eastern US. Long range forecast in my area is a significant increase in temps starting Wed. Rain instead of snow starting Thursday with temps close to +10°C. I would not be surprised to see weekend #3 as a PLUS over #2. 

The decline actually seems pretty normal. You realize people are kinda busy this weekend, right?

Edited by poweranimals

yesterday, my mom, who doesnt follow movie news at all,  asked me about "post-avatar depression" after reading an article about it

we're going to be just fine

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

yesterday, my mom, who doesnt follow movie news at all,  asked me about "post-avatar depression" after reading an article about it

we're going to be just fine

What was it about?