Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Where does this "1B production budget" come from? From the same source that said that Avatar's production budget was 500M? :rolleyes:

Futurist said it was in Variety or something. Its not going to be much less to be honest, i would of guessed at 250 million for each film.

Futurist said it was in Variety or something. Its not going to be much less to be honest, i would of guessed at 250 million for each film.

I just saw it was for 3 (?!) movies and not 2 anymore. Now I can understand that estimation.

So that put to rest that endless bitching about who gonna win 2015? Disney obviously.

Who gonna win 2016,2017,2018?: JAMES CAMERON! B)

Will he be the first director that put each part of his saga above the 1,5B WW mark?

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

I just saw it was for 3 (?!) movies and not 2 anymore. Now I can understand that estimation.

So that put to rest that endless bitching about who gonna win 2015? Disney obviously.

Will he be the first director that put each part of his saga above the 1,5B WW mark?

What about 10 billion worldwide for all 4 films?, i think it could be close in the end!. :D

• Like 1

Whedon can get their first. Cameron will be the first for over 1.8B.

A billion for 3 Cameron movies sounds like a bargain. I bet they go over budget. :)

They would of probably given him a Billion for EACH sequel if Cameron asked for it, Fox would of been like "Well its James 'motherfucking' Cameron so we are will no doubt get 'the biggest film ever' with each sequel so fuck it, bleed us dry" :)

• Like 1

AVATAR sequels' worldwide grosses -

• Like 1

They would of probably given him a Billion for EACH sequel if Cameron asked for it, Fox would of been like "Well its James 'motherfucking' Cameron so we are will no doubt get 'the biggest film ever' with each sequel so fuck it, bleed us dry" :)

Fox won't pay a billion, I doubt that. People don't even know that Fox only paid 40% or something of Avatar's budget. The rest was a string of production companies because Fox was not confident enough even after Cameron gave them Titanic just like Legendary/WB split on PR:

In October 2006, Fox finally agreed to commit to making Avatar after Ingenious Media agreed to back the film, which reduced Fox's financial exposure to less than half of the film's official $237 million budget.[54] After Fox accepted Avatar, one skeptical Fox executive shook his head and told Cameron and Landau, "I don't know if we're crazier for letting you do this, or if you're crazier for thinking you can do this …"

What about 10 billion worldwide for all 4 films?, i think it could be close in the end!. :D

That was my early guess as well. I expect JC to add something new and revolutionary for the sequels. Water based environment and creatures would certainly help. 10B WW would make it the biggest franchise over Potter (4 vs. 8). I'll never doubt JC as he's the only one to hit a granslam to win the world series, twice (Titanic & Avatar). Plus his sequel record is second to none so if he delivers than sky is the limit for Avatar sequels. They could possibly hit 3B+ OS.  :o

• Like 1

3 sequels confirmed?  BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I hope somehow Cameron dumps the idea of making 3 more Avatar's.  A trilogy is enough and just finish Battle Angel as your last dance. :unsure:

True Lies 2, 3, and 4 please. If the 4th movie has to be about Eliza Dushku at that point, I'm still okay with that.

True Lies 2, 3, and 4 please. If the 4th movie has to be about Eliza Dushku at that point, I'm still okay with that.

I want a Reach western movie. With Bill Paxton as an outlaw chased by amazon cowgirls led by Kathryn Bigelow in tight pants and leather boots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RBga6hj7xo

(At 0'28 onwards)

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

I seriously hope he does another action comedy, but not a True Lies sequel. Arnold is too old and judging from his recent films, his acting is too rusted for him to be a convincing actor anymore. Just do a 4K re-master and release the blu-ray in gorgeous image quality with tons of behind-the-scene stuff, and I will rest in peace.

But I doubt he still wants to make films after finishing his precious Avatar's. :unsure: