Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I trust Cameron, I don't trust how over saturated the 3D market has gotten nor do I trust fanboys who claim how beloved it is and how well it's held up. We'll see, it's always difficult to replicate a massive game changer. Cameron is the king of the world because of how lucky with timing he has been IMO

And how do you know the timing will not be right for Avatar 2? What if he is waiting for the perfect timing to strike big once again? You said you trust Cameron, obviously not because you doubt him right now.

Luck got not so much to do with it at this point as he certainly knows by now how to cook massive crowd-pleaser that both strike awe and generate 4 quadrant-appeal.

Edited by dashrendar44

If there is one person that understands mordern blockbuster / cinema experience better than anyone else in the world, it will be James Cameron.

It takes more than luck to create Titanic and Avatar.

Luck can happen to anyone. But what the King got is something that only he has got. The King got something real. 

Cant believe there are still doubts. Gee ...

• Like 4

And how do you know the timing will not be right for Avatar 2? What if he is waiting for the perfect timing to strike big once again? You said you trust Cameron, obviously not because you doubt him right now.

It's crazy, but I think the extended time between these sequels will be beneficial to it. It's already had its backlash and in another year or two people will be ready I think.

I'll be happy with a mere TDKR performance here and TA perf overseas.

I can see a TDKR performance happen domestically, though that is too steep a drop, but TA OS performance for Avatar 2 is impossible IMO. Avatar 2 will pass 1B overseas with ease.

They are underestimating how AMAZING all of the underwater stuff will look

Cameron + Avatar + underwater = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Although it'll be more like 2018 or 2019, he likes to take his time between movies  :lol:

I don't see how 2b WW is too low. Some people think its too high...

A 700M fall? Thats a 26% fall. What is a highly acclaimed blockbuster that has fallen this much? SM2, JP2 and CoS didn't even fall that much, so why would Avatar 2 fall this much?

How will he spin that one.

He'll say that The Avengers effect will work on ANT-MAN, and that AVATAR is old news, that nobody cares about that anymore, that the first film was only a hit because of pretty colors, and that the TA universe still hasn't peaked, plus the usual BLAHBLAHMAREVLRULESBLAHBLAHWHEDONROCKSBLAHBLAHBLAHMARVEL IS DA BOMB, YO!

He'll say that The Avengers effect will work on ANT-MAN, and that AVATAR is old news, that nobody cares about that anymore, that the first film was only a hit because of pretty colors, and that the TA universe still hasn't peaked, plus the usual BLAHBLAHMAREVLRULESBLAHBLAHWHEDONROCKSBLAHBLAHBLAHMARVEL IS DA BOMB, YO!

Hope not.

Edited by Neo