Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Posted Image

Lol, his constant bad attempts at parody/sarcasm is what gave me cancer.

Because, like yeah , you don't have an obnoxious,childish and condescending tone when you talk about Avatar and other things you don't like.

:)

• Like 1

My super early predict, $400m domestic, $1.4b OS for $1.8b total. Those of you saying Avatar 2 is a lock to be WW #2 all time are mistaken. I promise the original is not holding up as some are thinking, who knows where the industry will be in three years.

Wow. This is coming from a guy who TRUST Cameron

• Like 1

My super early predict, $400m domestic, $1.4b OS for $1.8b total. Those of you saying Avatar 2 is a lock to be WW #2 all time are mistaken. I promise the original is not holding up as some are thinking, who knows where the industry will be in three years.

Terminator 2, Aliens Cameron ups the sequels, the box office will take care of itself.

• Like 1

I thought that 700M predict was low, but this is taking it to another level. Let me check is it April fools today.

I'm going to laugh when you all look stupid calling $700m domestic, seriously Avatar is one time thing that the sequel will be lucky to get any part of its success

I'm going to laugh when you all look stupid calling $700m domestic, seriously Avatar is one time thing that the sequel will be lucky to get any part of its success

Better than that 400M predict. What sequel has fallen that much, mind you received as good as Avatar.

Yawn, you seem to always way over predict. It will take care of itself by massively retreating.

Typical response. You don't want to call me out on that. Stick with your 400M predict and will see who is right.

Typical response. You don't want to call me out on that. Stick with your 400M predict and will see who is right.

So in your opinion how does it get to $700m? You do remember the first had almost 10x legs which is IMPOSSIBLE to replicate. Even with an OW that doubles (or even more) to $150-$200m OW that will still leave it far short of that #. This will NOT outdo TA domestic even unadjusted sorry to tell you, would be willing to bet $$$ on that

So in your opinion how does it get to $700m? You do remember the first had almost 10x legs which is IMPOSSIBLE to replicate. Even with an OW that doubles (or even more) to $150-$200m OW that will still leave it far short of that #. This will NOT outdo TA domestic even unadjusted sorry to tell you, would be willing to bet $$$ on that

Take it to that bet thread.

With a 140M OW and with 4.45X would reach 623M. You don't think a 4.45X is possible. Why would it fall short with a 200M OW, that would require a 3.5X.

Edited by Neo

Once again, the novelty has worn off in the intro to 3D which is the norm pretty much in every movie now, even the Great Gatsby for God sakes as though a movie like that needed 3D.. Unless Cameron is going to WOW us with some new gimmick or technology never before seen and AVATAR 2 is used as the crutch to introduce this new technology to the masses, then it'll perform like any other sequel, probably end up in the mid 400's Domestic range... And before you drag TA2 into the fold, TA2 is a much different situation that will actually increase in it's Domestic cause of how Awesome it's going to be.,. You Bitches go ahead and doubt me, but we've been down this road before.,..

And you don't think Avatar 2 is going to be awesome. New technology, do you know we already had 3D. Yes he brought some new technologies but I doubt the general audience knew of them. A movie doesn't make 750M for being unawesome you know. Even if it doesn't increase look at the previous big movies and their drop (JPII) would be 480M DOM (worst case scenario) that is your high end of your DOM range. One thing we know is Cameron, unlike ANY director out there brings it for the sequels.

Edited by Neo
  • Like 1