Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

it ll be striving make half of what first one did

If I apply the percentage drop from SW:A New Hope to Empire Strikes Back WW to Avatar gross WW, Avatar 2 would make north of 1,93 billion dollars WW. Still far ahead of the Avengers.

A 50% drop (unlikely) would put it at 1,39 billion dollars worldwide just behind Avengers.

• Like 1

My new sig.

That sig by BKB about TA is just insane, the movies will be released in different times of the year, how will they affect eachother's audience?

Edited by VCC

I am part of the crowd that thinks that Avatar will be forgotten by 2015/2016.  More so that the sequels are so far apart that it won't be able to capitalize on the first movie.  But then I think about the 7 year gap between T1 and T2 and tell myself to STFU.

It's funny that those who said that can't even forget Avatar themselves. From time to time they have to show up and tell us how Avatar is Dance with Smurfs and how much it sucked.

• Like 3

Thats a BKB quote.

Yeah I mean the quote. That old man can sometimes be saying something that doesn't match what he really wants to say like AVATAR is going to be huge and it's going to dominate the year 2014 easily. 

I am part of the crowd that thinks that Avatar will be forgotten by 2015/2016.  More so that the sequels are so far apart that it won't be able to capitalize on the first movie.  But then I think about the 7 year gap between T1 and T2 and tell myself to STFU.

Yeah, it can either be a blessing or a curse.