Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

55 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Did Avatar cinemascore breakdown by its version? Its 3D was so impressive that no way anyone will exclude that effect when they judging this movie. 

https://deadline.com/2009/12/first-word-avatar-midnights-only-3-million-even-with-higher-3d-ticket-prices-hollywood-now-predicting-85m-weekend-20507/

I can't really find much more than

"The pic received a Cinemascore of “A” across every qudrant. In terms of audience demos, exit polling showed 57% male/43% female, and 38% under age 25/62% over age 25. "

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

75BPS from the fed and the ECB are going to have to do something similar again. Greece, Italy, and Spain will die so that the Avatar Saga may live. :hahaha:

I swear Jim has someone at the fed in his pocket. 

I'm not really sure what all this means but I think Avatar Saga will be just fine so long as people can get to the cinema

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

https://www.the-numbers.com/alltime-bluray-sales-chart

Avatar is the highest grossing blu-ray of all time.

Don't start this physical media trash Jimbo. You're better than that. This is a box office theory forum remember. Start talking about this stuff and may as well start talking about Pokemon. 

With Jim now devoting his entire life to saving the planet, could it be said that he is a real life Super Hero. Which is in-line with his hypergonaldo male lines, theres more to being a hero than smashing down buildings.

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Bank of England has also just hiked interest rates. Highest since... 2009... anyone remember if anything else happened that year? 

It's all coming together Jim Gang. 

whats hiking interest rates mean for Avatar? (what even is hiking interest rate)

Just now, IronJimbo said:

whats hiking interest rates mean for Avatar? (what even is hiking interest rate)

The central banks are going to catalyse a long overdue recession. Currently things are weird and not entirely clear as we're in a unique situation BUT if history rhymes (as it often does) we get a short term drop of the EURO/GBP against USD which is good for Avatar's box office.

Longer term and for people, it's worse but honestly? As I've said before, anyone who follows the box office should be financially literate enough to avoid the more damaging impacts of these kinds of economic conditions. If anything they should be prime to benefit! 

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

The central banks are going to catalyse a long overdue recession. Currently things are weird and not entirely clear as we're in a unique situation BUT if history rhymes (as it often does) we get a short term drop of the EURO/GBP against USD which is good for Avatar's box office.

Longer term and for people, it's worse but honestly? As I've said before, anyone who follows the box office should be financially literate enough to avoid the more damaging impacts of these kinds of economic conditions. If anything they should be prime to benefit! 

Ah that makes sense.

In terms of being financially literate, I can't say that I am. Though I'm optomistic, maybe the most optomistic person you've ever met. I believe if anything goes wrong I'll find myself doing what I need to.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Ah that makes sense.

In terms of being financially literate, I can't say that I am. Though I'm optomistic, maybe the most optomistic person you've ever met. I believe if anything goes wrong I'll find myself doing what I need to.

A good enough outlook. 

I posted about this 6 months ago and again before that ~12 months prior in a post but I believe it was removed for whatever reason. 

I'd recommend basic research into MMT and Bonds (esp. Treasury bonds) and the difference between value and price. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

5 billion?

Depends on WHEN the shift happens. If it last as it is now for another 6 months, then A2 will face a blistering dollar that's going to tank ER's across the globe. Perhaps even worse than it is now if other markets mishandle inflation. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 11:55 PM, IronJimbo said:

If you ever need to discredit Cinemascore Avatar not getting an A+ is ridiculous.

You have to adjust CinemaScore for what it is. It was an original movie, not based on a true story, that was 2 hours and 40 minutes long where a private American military company are technically the villains. An "A" for that sort of movie is very, very good. Like Get Out getting an A- despite it being a horror movie. 

44 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

You have to adjust CinemaScore for what it is. It was an original movie, not based on a true story, that was 2 hours and 40 minutes long where a private American military company are technically the villains. An "A" for that sort of movie is very, very good. Like Get Out getting an A- despite it being a horror movie. 

Technically?