Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, TomCruiseTop said:

Ladies and Gents I'm out. I won't be harassed for defending a film in a place supposed to be dedicated to discussion of that film. If you'd like to stay in touch I'll be on the Avatar discord server. Irayo. 

I'm sorry, what?   You mentioned in single sentence that you guys share information about me outside the forums and then took a jab at me, and YOU are being harassed?  

Am I going to be right with anything I am saying about Avatar 2?  Probably not!  I've been wrong far more often than I've been right about pretty much anything BO related.  That's the truth and I have no problem being honest and if I'm wrong, then I know you guys will serve me all the crow I can eat. 

This was me in April talking about how no movie that has ever opened over $100m got better than a 4x and what do you know? Top Gun is getting like a 5x at LEAST.  

Come on man, we've been going at this a long ass time lmao.  We gotta keep this going just another 6 months so we can be here together when whatever happens happens.  

thelma-and-louise-vintage.gif

At the end of the day, I'm still gonna be first in line to get tickets for IMAX 3D opening night, just like I was for the first one!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomCruiseTop said:

Ladies and Gents I'm out. I won't be harassed for defending a film in a place supposed to be dedicated to discussion of that film. If you'd like to stay in touch I'll be on the Avatar discord server. Irayo. 

as long as you come back by avatar day (so that we can all dunk on the fools who doubted)

13 hours ago, TomCruiseTop said:

Do you mean just on this account or your other accounts too? 😜

• Haha 2

I think I must be a young boomer because I've never found reaction gifs funny. I'm sure JCS will be back and is just having a moment.

Back to Avatar.

• 12th December 2022 – Shazam: Fury of the Gods
  • 16th December 2022 – Avatar 2
  • 17th February 2023 – The Marvels
  • 17th March 2023 – Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
  • 24th March 2023 – John Wick: Chapter 4
  • 5th May 2023 – Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

All the big blockbusters being released in Avatar: The Way of Water's range.

Avatar made approximately 90% of it's domestic gross by Feb 17th 2010. So Honestly we only need to be concerned with movies taking screens between 16th of Dec and Mid Feb. There seems to be no big releases in this time frame, and only have Shazam which bleeds into it week 2 onwards.

Avatar 2 will also be more frontloaded than the first, it is a sequel afterall and will get an inflated opening weekend because of it.

@Cap

I think it would be a cool idea to have a site poll in around October, once the Avatar 2 final trailer is released.

Something like

Domestic:
<$300m

$300m to $400m
$400m to $500m

$600m to $700m

$700m to $800m

$800m to $900m

$900m to $1000m

$1000m to $1100m

$1100m to $1200m

$1200M+

I this is the biggest Event movie since Endgame. Of course I think it will be bigger than Endgame but from the persepctive of others it is right.

Edited by IronJimbo

14 hours ago, TomCruiseTop said:

He made a typo, he means he is unable to freely harass other people and disparage their movie tastes. 

Spoiler

No backsies btw

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I think I must be a young boomer because I've never found reaction gifs funny. I'm sure JCS will be back and is just having a moment.

Back to Avatar.

• 12th December 2022 – Shazam: Fury of the Gods
  • 16th December 2022 – Avatar 2
  • 17th February 2023 – The Marvels
  • 17th March 2023 – Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
  • 24th March 2023 – John Wick: Chapter 4
  • 5th May 2023 – Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

All the big blockbusters being released in Avatar: The Way of Water's range.

Avatar made approximately 90% of it's domestic gross by Feb 17th 2010. So Honestly we only need to be concerned with movies taking screens between 16th of Dec and Mid Feb. There seems to be no big releases in this time frame, and only have Shazam which bleeds into it week 2 onwards.

Avatar 2 will also be more frontloaded than the first, it is a sequel afterall and will get an inflated opening weekend because of it.

Your dates are wrong. Shazam 2 opens a week after Avatar not before. And The Marvels is not opening in February, that would Ant Man 3. Avatar will have made like 95% of its gross by Feb 17 so Ant Man and any subsequent movie should not affect it. 

Jan and Feb looks barren right now, even more so than when NWH was doing its run. The only competition apart from Shazam for Avatar is Puss in Boots, Bablyon (if it explodes) and Kraven (which I think will perform on par with Morbius). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Jan and Feb looks barren right now, even more so than when NWH was doing its run. The only competition apart from Shazam for Avatar is Puss in Boots, Bablyon (if it explodes) and Kraven (which I think will perform on par with Morbius). 

Oh God. Avatar 2 is doomed then.

• Astonished 1

21 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

@Cap

I think it would be a cool idea to have a site poll in around October, once the Avatar 2 final trailer is released.

Something like

Domestic:
<$300m

$300m to $400m
$400m to $500m

$600m to $700m

$700m to $800m

$800m to $900m

$900m to $1000m

$1000m to $1100m

$1100m to $1200m

$1200M+

I this is the biggest Event movie since Endgame. Of course I think it will be bigger than Endgame but from the persepctive of others it is right.

Not sure what you mean by a site wide poll but you can make a poll in the clubs section and tag everyone on the forums so that they can see the poll. Will achieve the same results. There already are compilations of members in various lists on the forum which you can borrow from and adjust for new members. 

7 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Oh God. Avatar 2 is doomed then.

Oh god I forgot. Avatar is doomed indeed but only if the biggest superhero of all time (the great Morbius himself) shows up in a post credit scene. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Your dates are wrong. Shazam 2 opens a week after Avatar not before. And The Marvels is not opening in February, that would Ant Man 3. Avatar will have made like 95% of its gross by Feb 17 so Ant Man and any subsequent movie should not affect it. 

Ahh thank you, sorry I was somewhat lazy and used a UK cinema's chains website as the source... I would have preferred if Shazam opened the week before.

13 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Not sure what you mean by a site wide poll but you can make a poll in the clubs section and tag everyone on the forums so that they can see the poll. Will achieve the same results. There already are compilations of members in various lists on the forum which you can borrow from and adjust for new members.

Yeah I wasn't sure of the right way to do it, that way is good and makes sense. I'll do it once the final trailer is released.

Edited by IronJimbo