Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/video/zoe-saldana-talks-new-film-avatar-water-94080514

It's exactly that, they play it at the end of this interview with Zoe.

Thats an interesting clip. It makes it sound like that human kid is a baddie, or atleast under the influence of Quarritch.

I think you can start to see why this film is so long, it seems to have a lot of little sub plots.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Thats an interesting clip. It makes it sound like that human kid is a baddie, or atleast under the influence of Quarritch.

I think you can start to see why this film is so long, it seems to have a lot of little sub plots.

If you think about the first movie it really has zero subplots, it's all Jake. In A2 we'll have Lo'ak and Kiri subplots I'm sure of it.

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

New years eve has the same effect boo

But to a much lesser degree than Christmas Eve as seen with Rogue One dropping only 23% and many movies increasing on that weekend by a lot.

At the end of the day while Christmas Eve falling on a Saturday is having an adverse effect the weekend as a whole is at worst still very much comparable to a standard non holiday weekend, so it might not be inflated but it is not deflated either, otherwise Rogue One would have dropped more than 58% on its sophomore weekend.

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

If you think about the first movie it really has zero subplots, it's all Jake. In A2 we'll have Lo'ak and Kiri subplots I'm sure of it.

It also explains why there was that production pic from a while ago that had Spider standing and laughing with that bald sidekick of Quarritch. That pic makes sense now if Spider is a baddie, or betrays Jake and co.

It also explains why we havent seen Spider in any of the scenes with Jake and Neytiri's kids with the new ocean clan.

This wasnt something i was expecting. I like it.

Edited by stuart360

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

It also explains why there was that production pic from a while ago that had Spider standing and laughing with that bald sidekick of Quarritch. That pic makes sense now if Spider is a baddie, or betrays Jake and co.

This wasnt something i was expecting. I like it.

I don't think he's a baddie, watch the teaser trailer again! I think it's more likely he is a family friend

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I don't think he's a baddie, watch the teaser trailer again! I think it's more likely he is a family friend

Yeah he could be a friend, but i wonder if Quarritch brainwashes him or something when Spider and the other kids find Quarritch in the forest (from the teaser). I mean in the new clip Jake says 'Quarritch has Spider now, and that kid knows our whole operation'. To me that sounds like Spider betrays them, maybe after a bit of brainwashing from Quarritch 'Kid you are human, you're not one of them', etc

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

From what I saw on Reddit it was a short clip of "the argument" between Jake/Neytiri and whether they need to move from their home with the kids listening in. 

Actually that's not what they showed at the Disney event. It was a re-edited version of the first trailer.  Basically nothing new. I think I saw exactly one new shot, just a landscape shot, not much to talk about. They also talked a little bit to the younger cast members but nothing new really. 

Really was not worth listening to a bunch of generic Christmas song remixes. It was really just for the people who weren't up to date on the new movie. Wish they didn't call it a "sneak peek" though, because that's not really what it was.

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

It seems that Lo'ak, Kiri, Spider and Quaritch will all get their own fairly meaty narratives, and Lo'ak even has two (the romance angle and the outcast Tulkun friend angle); this is on top of what we are getting with Jake and Neytiri and Metkayina clan etc..

That is a lot of plot indeed, and now that I think about it, I think I'm starting to buy the theory that those leaked titles (The seed bearer, the Tulkun rider, Quest for Eywa) might really be alternatively titles of Avatar 2, and not necessarily the titles for the upcoming sequels. 

• Like 1

Just now, NCsoft said:

It seems that Lo'ak, Kiri, Spider and Quaritch will all get their own fairly meaty narratives, and Lo'ak even has two (the romance angle and the outcast Tulkun friend angle); this is on top of what we are getting with Jake and Neytiri and Metkayina clan etc..

That is a lot of plot indeed, and now that I think about it, I think I'm starting to buy the theory that those leaked titles (The seed bearer, the Tulkun rider, Quest for Eywa) might really be alternatively titles of Avatar 2, and not necessarily the titles for the upcoming sequels. 

oh damn i took your Profile picture 🤦‍♂️i'll change to quaritch in a bit

You're right about the Quaritch/Spider subplot, that will definitely be one too. Jim has been saying the story was going to be much richer than the first, I guess it's time to start believing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

lol, lmao

Oh my...

While I 100% support the people's rage and protest against CCP and wish everyone all well; I really hope this "want to see a movie" thing doesn't take hold as one of the main narratives, that could 100% get A2 banned.

And it really shouldn't become a major narrative anyway because the stake at hand when it comes to this protest is much much bigger than movies.

I am going to go back to "hope for the best, expect the worst" mode when it comes to A2 in China.

• Like 3