Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 minute ago, KlapEastwood said:

My final prediction:

$134 million OW

$387 million DOM

$887 million INT

$1.2 billion WW

I think this will ultimately play like a super-inflated Sci-Fi pic.

A 2.8 multiplier...on christmas...with no competition.

I mean, this is probably the lowest prediction I have seen on the site yet, so kudos on that one I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KlapEastwood said:

My final prediction:

$134 million OW

$387 million DOM

$887 million INT

$1.2 billion WW

I can tell you right now that even the most pessimistic trackers here don’t think it’s going under $500M DOM or $1.25B OS. The feasibility of your numbers just isn’t there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stuart360 said:

Its in the middle of his films for me (although i love all his films). Its just i was always under the assumption that the film got great reviews.

objectively I would agree. But I just love it. It’s the most fun, breeze of a good time in the portfolio.  One of the great spy films and Arnie is tremendous in it. 

6 minutes ago, KlapEastwood said:

My final prediction:

$134 million OW

$387 million DOM

$887 million INT

$1.2 billion WW

cant help but wonder how bad a movie would need to get to be 2x ww legs in christmas time

On the U.K. front, having a quick look at sales, it’s nowhere near NWH, TFA, TLJ, NTTD a few days before they opened. Maybe something like TGM a few days before opening. 
That said, people have got weeks and weeks to come see this thing. Everybody will come out sooner or later. It’ll likely just have really strong days every day for three straight weeks, then solid holds right through January and February. 

17 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

A 2.8 multiplier...on christmas...with no competition.

I mean, this is probably the lowest prediction I have seen on the site yet, so kudos on that one I suppose.

Maybe Jake Will be on island and refuse to fight and drink Green Milk

Edited by Torontofan

1 hour ago, stuart360 said:

To be honest i think thats exactly what happened. I wanted to post something similar but i was already warned for questioning reviewers.

Yep the same here Stuart. Wow. I guess must have been overkill the mods are active my brother. :-O!

Okay will leave that forbidden talk out and continue on Avatar Domination of the World discussions... Im glad its doing good with audiences... 

I cant imagine  that its likely going to surpass  Avatar as my best experience since  the one known as  Titan. Seeing alot of that in audience discussions......This actually increased my excitement to see it (Didnt think that was possible lol)

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update

17 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

I can tell you right now that even the most pessimistic trackers here don’t think it’s going under $500M DOM or $1.25B OS. The feasibility of your numbers just isn’t there.

Lol XXR., He will find out... I actually saw some saying  below  TGM and DS2 WW... The shock is going to be epic I think for those

very low predicts. Unless some unfortunate real world calamity ... No way those scenarios are happening indeed Brother XXR

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Did anyone else predict a 3D resurgance, like the one deadline suggests. I'm sure someone else must have too.

Nope, most blockbusters are still just post converted to 3D, there' won't be any big 3D boom like it was after first one. Filmmakers themselves avoid shooting in 3D and then audience is left with mediocre post converted results. Unless they create some new tech like 3D without glasses, I don't think there will by any shift from what we saw in last few years. 

I may be lowballing, but I definitely can't justify the hype. The one thing swinging in the original's favor just isn't that big of a deal now. Spider-Man had the massive 2021 breakout, and Top Gun scored 2022's. It's easy to see why  both of those broke out... why would Avatar?

China would be the huge boost, and from what I can tell Covid is surging again? Avatar 2 just doesn't have much working in its favor for the massive leg show that was Cameron's last two. No competition is a relative term right now. If a decent chunk of people decide to see something else, it will very much have competition. Or they'll just stay home.