Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

14 hours ago, stuart360 said:

Even UK is rebounding a lot. It looks like a possible 100mil there, while after the OW it was looking like 50mil.

Yeah what a hold brother Stewart!!

Also early reports from news Avatar 2 40-45+m

And Variety

predicts A2 for 35+m and Megan 18-20m for 4th weekend. 

But you know variety lowballs and media never gets the tally right. So I'm hoping Megan does make 20 mil+ at least. And Avatar 2 ends up with 12-17m more than the media news 40+m predicts my brothers.

" Teach them our Ways!"

12 hours ago, Andreas said:

@IronJimbo if A:TWOW will in the end outgross A:IW worldwide (not yet saying that it will, I still have some doubts on $2B and beyond), know that imo it's completely deserved.

If? This is 100% locked. After this weekend A2 will be at around $1.7b, beating TFA ww is a done deal.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Juby said:

If? This is 100% locked. After this weekend A2 will be at around $1.7b, beating TFA ww is a done deal.

Hey Brother Juby.... YOu know it man.... IN FACT THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

Now imagine the hat trick if the fans power this movie to get a 45-55+ 4th Weekend!!

Wow.. Glad I liked Megan.. Not too bad a little below the first Chucky.. I gave it a 6.5-7.0 Not sure I would recommend it for full price but definitely a great scifi for matinee or discount day viewing all. :)

Wife liked it too😅. And my queen is picky with these type of sci-fis with the doll killing machines LOL.

" This is it Jake!"  " This is Your Avatar !" ... Were on track for the everyones favorite wingman... 

" Lets Get it Done!"

2 hours ago, Juby said:

I agree that it is possible, perhaps even likely, but to say that it is "100% locked" is false. In order to beat IW and TFA, the movie still has to get its grip on almost $600M. That is not an easy task for any movie during and after its fourth week since the release.

• Disbelief 1

46 minutes ago, Andreas said:

I agree that it is possible, perhaps even likely, but to say that it is "100% locked" is false. In order to beat IW and TFA, the movie still has to get its grip on almost $600M. That is not an easy task for any movie during and after its fourth week since the release.

True but with a 40-50+M 4th weekend and over 500M this week looks pretty 95% (Which is essentially a lock). :). Also 1.7Billy this week or better. The fat lady has sung for IW and TFA and now we will see 2 Avatar movies in the top 3 ALL-Time..

Just Wonderfull Insanity... And James Cameron holds the #1, # 3 and #4 spots.

With a little luck A2 can get the #2 all time WW spot.(depending on high the domestic goes and OS of course)

And its coming for that JPW WW  spot already. Even in UK its rebounded and heading over 100M according to brother Kayom..

A2 looking to fly over 700M domestic.

:)  and should end up between 2.3b-2.5B WW. Hopefully more :)

Edited by Sheldon Cr

1 hour ago, Andreas said:

Well it needs roughly $630M to best TFA given the 30/70 split.

• Like 1

Just saw some clips from a hilarious cope stream by a big "anti-woke" Avatar hate channel. I shouldn't give it any promotion but too funny not to share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9iG-JYGEU0&t=4085s May be deleted soon, they seem to delete live streams pretty quickly. They're so mad & mystified about Avatar 2's success they're theorizing that Cameron and Disney faked the box office 😂 

Thankfully YouTube's transcription makes it easy to copy quotes: (from 14 & 66-70 minutes)

"Something I ain't seen trend is f***ing Avatar and I still have yet to meet anybody in my personal life who's seen it."

"I don't know a single person who's seen it"

"me neither" 

"neither do I"

"it's hard to explain when you walk into theaters and again I haven't seen the film and I probably won't until it's you know released digitally but um you know when you walk into theaters and they're they're mostly empty I mean where is the where is this money coming from" 🤣

"I don't see anyone seeing it here"

"all of a sudden just because it's Avatar not Marvel something or Star Wars something people aren't even remotely curious about you know is this box office even real. we have James Cameron who has his ego and doesn't you know he can't afford to fail in this one and same thing with Disney they can't afford this to fail."

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, danziger said:

Just saw some clips from a hilarious cope stream by a big "anti-woke" Avatar hate channel. I shouldn't give it any promotion but too funny not to share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9iG-JYGEU0&t=4085s May be deleted soon, they seem to delete live streams pretty quickly. They're so mad & mystified about Avatar 2's success they're theorizing that Cameron and Disney faked the box office 😂 

Thankfully YouTube's transcription makes it easy to copy quotes: (from 14 & 66-70 minutes)

"Something I ain't seen trend is f***ing Avatar and I still have yet to meet anybody in my personal life who's seen it."

"me neither" 

"neither do I"

"it's hard to explain when you walk into theaters and again I haven't seen the film and I probably won't until it's you know released digitally but um you know when you walk into theaters and they're they're mostly empty I mean where is the where is this money coming from" 🤣

"all of a sudden just because it's Avatar not Marvel something or Star Wars something people aren't even remotely curious about you know is this box office even real. we have James Cameron who has his ego and doesn't you know he can't afford to fail in this one and same thing with Disney they can't afford this to fail."

I knew it, Postrak was a lie! Tron Legacy did do Avatar numbers but it was suppressed! 👀

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, danziger said:

"me neither" 

"neither do I"

Cheers to the go woke nutty as a fruitcake crowd Brother Dan... LMAO.. So a studio is going to pay nearly 3billion to prove a point and pay actors I guess worldwide who are shown on camera lined up at premieum and regular theaters   for weeks now... Awww breaking out the tissue for the woke films not being supported-lOL--NOT!!!!

titanic king of the world GIF

3 hours ago, Andreas said:

Nope. It IS LOCKED. 100% sure. A:IW is at $2.048b, TFA is at $2.0695b. Avatar will be at around $505-510m domestic after this weekend. Even with huge domestic drops after its 4th weekend (which won't be the case, there's no competition at all for the next 5 weeks) this movie is heading for at least $570m domestic + easily over $1.5b os = at least $2.07b in very, very worst case scenario. With good legs (again, there's no competition till Feb 17th) it should go well over $2.2b.

$2 billions, Infinity War and The Force Awakens --> :locked2: I can understand some doubts about TFA, but $2 billies and IW - nope, A2 just can't stop under that marks now.

5 minutes ago, Juby said:

Nope. It IS LOCKED. 100% sure. A:IW is at $2.048b, TFA is at $2.0695b. Avatar will be at around $505-510m domestic after this weekend. Even with huge domestic drops after its 4th weekend (which won't be the case, there's no competition at all for the next 5 weeks) this movie is heading for at least $570m domestic + easily over $1.5b os = at least $2.07b in very, very worst case scenario. With good legs (again, there's no competition till Feb 17th) it should go well over $2.2b.

$2 billions, Infinity War and The Force Awakens --> :locked2: I can understand some doubts about TFA, but $2 billies and IW - nope, A2 just can't stop under that marks now.

Im always sad when the ultimate movie from Cameron gets beat.. But in ticket sales Domestically and OS in one Run and how it took over the world.. Titanic is an unbeatable Legend forever Juby... 

And yes indeed it looks over all the films right now WW except Endgame and Avatar 1...(Though that China re-release perhaps and A2 chugging to 850-900+M.... is still a card on our Pandorian Table that could suprise everyone- lol :) 

PS Fun Fact is brother Jimbo posts are about to match Avatar1's gross in millions lol.. Heh heh. 

Salute my friend.... We Take Jurassic Park World this week!! Yeeeeehaww!!

No Chris We Wont Stop....... Your  not on Earth... Your on Pandora!!!

say whaaaaat chris pratt GIF

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

PS Fun Fact is brother Jimbo posts are about to match Avatar1's gross in millions lol.. Heh heh. 

Salute my friend.... We Take Jurassic Park World this week!! Yeeeeehaww!!

No Chris We Wont Stop....... Your  not on Earth... Your on Pandora!!!

say whaaaaat chris pratt GIF

3 billies soon

• Like 1

As far as I understand this is a new piece of music, not recycled from the original? Then I don't understand complaints about OST, it's a terrific piece, especially in the context of the scene, very Cameron/Horner-sque. People were praising scores that didn't have a single good piece in them, so I suspect it's just haters complaining about everything.

• Like 2

Nothing is ever locked, cos there could be another lockdown (scnr)  ;)

But to be honest. Ending up under this Star Wars IV requel* would be very surprising. 

Next weekend will tell us, if it make 2.2B or much more money

*which I enjoyed