Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Why does this film get trolled so much?, its like certain people are scared stiff of it.

Dunno about others, I just feel that it's not exactly deserving of being highest grossing movie of all time and by such a wide margin. So to me the sequel has to deliver ESB level of improvement to 'justify' the franchise. Nothing against Cameron, love Titanic and T2, but he really phoned it in here with plot/characters in Avatar 1 and sold the movie on effects and gimmick and his name

Dunno about others, I just feel that it's not exactly deserving of being highest grossing movie of all time and by such a wide margin. So to me the sequel has to deliver ESB level of improvement to 'justify' the franchise. Nothing against Cameron, love Titanic and T2, but he really phoned it in here with plot/characters in Avatar 1 and sold the movie on effects and gimmick and his name

I didn't mean it like that and you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

What i mean is that there is a group of people who it seems to be their lifes work to convince people how bad the first film was and to turn people against the sequel. Everytime you come in this thread its just constant fanboy wars with very little talk about the actual movie.

We get it, some of you didn't like the movie but a hell of a lot of people did (you don't get 10x legs with effects alone, many summer blockbusters would if that was the case) and haters just need to accept that and move on.

Quoting Jar Jar, sis, time to exit the thread

I'm quoting your daddy. Did you realize your beloved Maleficent is ripping off Avatar's art direction by putting that Robert Stromberg guy at the helm? Yeah, Avatar was so shitty and derivative that Disney got Avatar's art director to surf on the fairytale rehash fad. Oh the irony.

Posted Image

Edited by dashrendar44

Avatar was exactly what it needed to be to accomplish Cameron's goals, story-wise and box office-wise. Just saying.

Even Cameron, as we know, is arrogant, I dont think he is that arrogant to have considered "2.7BN" or even "outgrossing Titanic" as the goal.

• Like 1

I understand James Cameron doesn't make a ton of movies but is there a reason why there will be a 7 year gap since the first movie and the 2nd, and then we get hit with 3 of them? 

Serious question, it just seems odd to me.

God works in mysterious ways.

James Cameron says script has 2 months to go and confident he will exceed the audiences expectations with the world's most massive sequel!!

Avatar 2 Movie News: ‘The Terminator’ Director James Cameron Announces Script For The Sequel Will Be Done In Less Than 2 Months, Hopes To Release It On 3D

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/88829/20140421/avatar-2-movie-news.htm

I agree AVATAR2 will be huge but will it be as big as the first one? I hope so, but I got my doubts. And btw the avengers2 could make 2Billion and take be a bigger sequel than Avatar2 if avatar doesn't got a good WoM. 

I rewatched Avatar last week and I have to say the CGI tricks people. Its only good in the close up and medium shots. Rewatch it and watch some of the feet and legs from the Navi. There is no muscle definition, it almost even looks like they are floating some time. I was blown away it looks pretty damn bad. But the close ups look insanely good. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood

Even the worst trolls succeed when shading Avatar 1 :stirthepot:

Actually bobby , most Cameron fans destroy you trolling fanboys... lol @ Titanic and Terminator 2 were flukes..

Avengers will destroy Avatar1 lol

Keep preaching the madness, me and Dash will keep your straight jackets handy come Dec 2016 lol

I agree AVATAR2 will be huge but will it be as big as the first one? I hope so, but I got my doubts. And btw the avengers2 could make 2Billion and take be a bigger sequel than Avatar2 if avatar doesn't got a good WoM. 

Comic films lose momentum Pepsa, James cameron is a living brand..As long as he develops a good product.. I dont see any comic film  sequel having a chance. THough because of Superman and Batman and JLA having potential to tap more fans than any comic film in history... Maybe, just maybe Man of Steel 2 or Justice League if they are the talk of the town can be the first to hit 1.8-2billion range.

No Marvel film has enough muscles or years of fans to tap into the potential of Titanic or Avatar scale film.. Just look at the OS and domestic, and thats Avengers at its near peak pepsa.. OS is lagging weigh behind  for it to hit 2billion.

Avatar2 will likely make 650-850+M domestic and is certain almost to surpass the 2billion OS made by its predecessor.

There are big sequels like  Harry potter 7 and Avengers 2, but you have to come with a term ultra behemoth for Avatar 2 and 3..

Those are World Breakers!!

Posted Image

Hah hah BKB " We'll send you the message..."  " Avatar will always be pandorians Land!!!!"

On Dec 2016---The World Breaker Juggernaut 2016 sets records Domestic and OS and shows us what an expanded market Ultra BO behemoth is truly capabale.. Can James cameron  be the first to 3billion, talks of  even 4billion.....

Get Ready!!!

• Like 1

I understand James Cameron doesn't make a ton of movies but is there a reason why there will be a 7 year gap since the first movie and the 2nd, and then we get hit with 3 of them? 

Serious question, it just seems odd to me.

Hey CHessy. Genius takes work and collaboration of others greats is also going to take alot of work..

Rem it took nearly 3 yrs for him to make Titanic... The man is a living legend and the only mega filmaker who has never dropped the ball.

i watched titanic in full for the first time a couple days ago (i loved it), and i have to say i'm disappointed that avatar seems so by-the-book compared to it. i would say that i hope a2 can fix it up somehow but they're stuck with sam worthington as their lead lol..